HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., 2017-Feb-17 — /EPR Retail News/ — Sears is opening a first-of-its-kind DieHard Auto Center Driven by Sears that is designed to meet the ever-changing needs of today’s driver. The new store at 8551 Wurzbach Road in San Antonio, Texas, opens on Friday, February 17.
- DieHard 360° Vehicle Assessment: Looking to buy or sell a used car? Customers can get a comprehensive 120-point inspection to assess the vehicle’s condition to help them buy, sell, or just maintain their vehicle with confidence.
- DieHard Edge Maintenance Plans: Provides 36 months or 45,000 miles, (whichever comes first) of covered maintenance locked in at today’s discounted prices (savings range from 25% to 40% off regular retail prices), DieHard Edge is available in three flexible plans.
- Digital Tire Journey: A web app that relies on IBM Watson Natural Language Classifier service to help customers identify the appropriate tires to fit their driving preferences. Customers can also use touchscreens in store to access the Digital Tire Journey.
- Free Wi-Fi: Enabling customers to be productive or entertained while their vehicle is serviced.
“The new DieHard Auto Center Driven by Sears is another example of how we’re unleashing the power of the DieHard brand,” said Brian Kaner, president of Sears Automotive. “It offers state-of-the-art technology and services in a contemporary, comfortable setting – that, combined with our experienced associates, can help today’s drivers make the right choices for their vehicle’s needs.”
“DieHard is America’s most trusted automotive battery brand,” said Tom Park, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands. “In 2016, we introduced DieHard tires, which have been well-received by our customers, as we have continued to see positive, strong sales since their introduction. As we have also expanded the brand into automotive consumer electronics accessories, it’s a natural evolution to extend the brand to automotive service. Now, when you bring your vehicle to a DieHard Auto Center, you can have the same peace of mind you expect from DieHard products.”
During Friday’s grand opening celebration, members and customers can enjoy free food and prizes, including: DieHard wi-fi maintainers valued at $99.99 and compact lithium jump starters valued at $69.99. In addition, KJ97 IHeart radio will be broadcasting from the store on Friday.
The celebration will continue over the weekend, with the DieHard Auto Center giving away a DieHard 360 Vehicle Assessment on Saturday, Feb. 18 and Sunday, Feb.19 to two lucky winners. In addition, key vendors including AutoZone®, Continental Tire®, Michelin Tire® and Valvoline® will participate in the celebration.
DieHard Auto Center specials throughout the grand opening weekend include:
- An additional 10 percent off DieHard batteries, starting as low as $99.99 (offer valid in-store only through March 2, 2017).
- Buy three, get one free on all DieHard tires with installation, plus get an additional 10 percent off (offer valid in-store only through March 2, 2017).
- 50 percent off oil changes (offer valid through March 2, 2017)
- $14.99 conventional oil
- $24.99 blend oil
- $34.99 synthetic oil
- Includes up to 5 quarts of Valvoline® oil and $3.49 filter
Operating hours for the new DieHard Auto Center Driven by Sears are Monday through Saturday, from 8 a.m.– 7 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m.– 5 p.m. For more information about the new San AntonioDieHard Auto Center Driven by Sears, visit Searsauto.com/diehardauto.
About Sears Auto Center
Sears Auto Center is a leading provider of automotive maintenance and repair services and parts, with more than 600 locations nationwide offering a full array of passenger and light truck tires, including RoadHandler™, Michelin® and Goodyear®, DieHard tires, DieHard batteries, Craftsman®auto accessories and more. Sears has a long history as America’s trusted place for car care, having offered auto parts since 1905 and service since 1931. Sears Auto Center offers customers convenient locations and hours – open seven days a week, as well as an extensive menu of services. Sears Auto Center is a division of Sears, Roebuck and Co. For more information on Sears Auto Center please visit www.SearsAuto.com. Facebook: www.Facebook.com/SearsAuto | Twitter @SearsAuto.
About the DieHard brand
Introduced in 1967, Sears designed the original DieHard automotive battery to produce 35 percent more usable starting power than other similar batteries. Featuring a revolutionary tough, thin-walled case of translucent polypropylene plastic, which was 50 percent thinner than conventional black rubber-type battery enclosures, the design’s extra room meant bigger plates, more acid and extra starting power. During testing, not a single failure was reported in over 26,000 starts in temperatures ranging from sub-zero to more than 100 degrees, hence the name “DieHard.” See more DieHard history and compelling “Battery Torture” video at www.DieHard.com.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard — among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation’s largest provider of home services, with nearly 12 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
SOURCE: Sears, Roebuck and Co.
16,235 total views, 2 views today