- Diebold Nixdorf introduces new innovative banking concept to advance the future of connected commerce
NORTH CANTON, Ohio, 2017-Apr-06 — /EPR Retail News/ — Diebold Nixdorf (NYSE: DBD) is introducing a new, innovative banking concept, Essence, that features a sleek, modern design and user interface to advance the future of connected commerce. Powered by software-driven interactions, the intuitive multi-touch functionalities that consumers have come to expect from smartphones and tablets, such as swipe, scroll and smart zoom, enhance and modernize everyday consumer banking transactions.
Driven by a design philosophy that places the user experience at the core, the Essence Concept features:
- Clean design: A seamless profile, antimicrobial glass touchscreen display and enhanced user interface combine to deliver the future of consumer transactions.
- Increased security: In addition to the encrypted touchscreen PIN entry and NFC authentication option, the magnetic stripe card reader found on traditional ATMs has been replaced with an EMV chip card reader to authenticate the consumer and eliminate the risk of card skimming.
- Endless possibilities: An array of customizable colors and designs and electronic receipt capabilities provides consumers a glimpse into the future with this modern concept.
- Miniaturized footprint: By eliminating the traditional magnetic stripe card reader, receipt printer and PIN pad, the concept meets the needs of busy, technology-minded consumers and the compact, through-the-wall design fits in busy environments without compromising valuable space.
“Our latest concept delivers the future of consumer transactions by reimagining what the self-service channel looks like,” said Richard Harris, Diebold Nixdorf vice president, design and new technology incubation. “Diebold Nixdorf is uniquely positioned to connect physical and digital channels and guide financial institutions and retailers into the future of connected commerce.”
About Diebold Nixdorf
Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated (NYSE: DBD) is a world leader in enabling connected commerce for millions of consumers each day across the financial and retail industries. Its software-defined solutions bridge the physical and digital worlds of cash and consumer transactions conveniently, securely and efficiently. As an innovation partner for nearly all of the world’s top 100 financial institutions and a majority of the top 25 global retailers, Diebold Nixdorf delivers unparalleled services and technology that are essential to evolve in an ‘always on’ and changing consumer landscape.
Diebold Nixdorf has a presence in more than 130 countries with approximately 25,000 employees worldwide. The organization maintains corporate offices in North Canton, Ohio, USA and Paderborn, Germany. Shares are traded on the New York and Frankfurt Stock Exchanges under the symbol ‘DBD’. Visit www.DieboldNixdorf.com for more information.
SOURCE: Diebold Nixdorf
4,193 total views, 3 views today