MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis., 2017-Apr-20 — /EPR Retail News/ — Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) released its 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, outlining the strides the company has made to fulfill its purpose to inspire and empower families to lead fulfilled lives. Through continued action that positively impacts the community, its more than 140,000 associates and the environment, Kohl’s is making a difference for families today and for generations to come.
“At Kohl’s, we believe the right way to deliver on our purpose is to serve our customers and communities in accordance with our values – put customers first, act with integrity, build great teams and drive results – values our associates embody every day,” said Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, chief executive officer and president. “I am proud of our CSR accomplishments in 2016 and look forward to our continued work on these initiatives.”
Below are highlights from Kohl’s 2016 CSR Report. An infographic featuring report highlights and the entire 2016 CSR Report are available on Corporate.Kohls.com.
Taking Care of Our Communities
Kohl’s is passionate about creating stronger, healthier communities where customers and associates live, work and play. In 2016, Kohl’s and Kohl’s Cares gave more than $51 million to support the causes that matter to associates and customers in communities across the country.
- Kohl’s Volunteer Program: Associate volunteer efforts resulted in approximately $24 million in grants to nonprofit organizations nationwide – the highest giving total in the program’s history. From New York City to Milpitas, Calif., and countless cities in between, Kohl’s associates volunteered nearly half a million hours of their time to benefit more than 9,000 nonprofits nationwide.
- Kohl’s Cares Cause Merchandise: With favorite collections like Clifford the Big Red Dog and Curious George, the Kohl’s Cares cause merchandise program, features kid friendly merchandise customers love and can feel good about – because 100 percent of the net profit benefits youth-focused causes. To date, Kohl’s has raised more than $317 million through the program, including nearly $23 million in 2016.
- Kohl’s Cares Hospital Partner Program: As part of our commitment to children’s health, Kohl’s donated more than $14 million to hospital partners in communities from coast to coast to create local outreach programs such as injury prevention and healthy eating.
Supporting Our Associates
Kohl’s has a deep responsibility to its associates and is focused on creating a culture of appreciation, inclusion transparency and engagement. Associates are empowered to bring their authentic selves to work each day, enhancing the richness of experiences, perspectives, thoughts and ideas, while fostering engagement and innovation
- Associate Wellness Centers: In 2016, Kohl’s more than doubled the number of on-site Wellness Centers for associates, expanding to 13 locations from six, with more on the way. The centers, staffed by a range of medical professionals, support overall well-being and offer associates and their families access to health care services tailored to their specific needs.
- Recognizing Greatness: Kohl’s associates are encouraged to celebrate successes, both big and small, from everyday contributions to major achievements, and important personal life events. Kohl’s online and mobile tool enabled associates to send more than 500,000 e-recognitions to their colleagues.
- Town Halls with Kevin Mansell: Associates across the company had the opportunity to connect with and ask questions of Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, chief executive officer and president, in his Town Hall meetings. Associates heard directly from Mansell on topics ranging from benefits to company strategy, industry trends, and requests for career and leadership advice.
- Business Resource Groups: Kohl’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help associates achieve professional and personal success while furthering business objectives and maximizing engagement. In 2016, the Millennial, Hispanic Professionals, Veterans and #PrideAtKohls BRGs led activities, including, an increase in Veteran hiring and the launch of a pilot program to offer new gift cards to Hispanic shoppers, among other efforts.
Leaving a Smaller Footprint
Kohl’s is committed to protecting and conserving the environment by seeking solutions that encourage long-term sustainability. The steps Kohl’s takes – both big and small – ensures the environment is preserved for the families of tomorrow.
- 2017 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award: Kohl’s has been recognized with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) 2017 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award, marking the sixth consecutive recognition for the company’s continued leadership in protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency achievements.
- Solar Arrays: Kohl’s encourages the use of renewable and more sustainable sources of energy. With 163 solar arrays at locations across the country, Kohl’s is one of the largest hosts of solar electricity in North America.
- Plastic Bag Recycling: In an effort to reduce waste, Kohl’s reuses and recycles materials whenever possible. Last year alone, the company recycled more than 7 million pounds of plastic. Kohl’s shopping bags are also made out of recycled plastic – resulting in the signature gray colored bag customers receive when they shop the store.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: Customers and associates with electric vehicles can charge their vehicle for free via charging units at 90 Kohl’s locations nationwide. Interested individuals can simply pick up a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) card at the customer service desk and charge while they shop.
Kohl’s (NYSE: KSS) is a leading omnichannel retailer with more than 1,100 stores in 49 states. With a commitment to inspiring and empowering families to lead fulfilled lives, Kohl’s offers amazing national and exclusive brands, incredible savings and an easy shopping experience in our stores, online at Kohls.com and on Kohl’s mobile app. Throughout its history, Kohl’s has given nearly $600 million to support communities nationwide. For a list of store locations or to shop online, visit Kohls.com. For more information about Kohl’s impact in the community and how to join our winning team, visit Corporate.Kohls.com.
# # #
SOURCE: Kohl’s Illinois, Inc.,
Contact: Jen Johnson, 262.703.5241, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ale DesJean, 262.703.5186, email@example.com
804 total views, 1 views today