ROCHESTER, NY, 2017-May-09 — /EPR Retail News/ — Wegmans Food Markets is now offering online celebration cake and cookie cake orders at wegmans.com/ createyourcake. Select cakes can be customized, ordered, and paid for online with a credit or debit card and a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. Order pickup is available at all Wegmans stores. “Many customers have asked us for the convenience of online cake orders for special occasions like graduation parties, baby showers, and family reunions,” said Wegmans Bakery Business Manager Dan Nick. “We listened and developed a solution to help meet those needs for the cakes our customers order most.”
- Cake type and size: Celebration cakes and cookie cakes are both offered in quarter, half, and full sheets. Celebration cakes are also available in round one- and two-layer 7-inch sizes.
- Flavor: Choose chocolate or vanilla, or a combination of the two.
- Frosting: Choose whipped cream or buttercreme, made without any artificial colors.
- Filling: There are nine delicious flavors to choose from, like raspberry, chocolate ganache, or fresh fruit.
- Decorations and messages: Add edible balloons or roses and a custom message. An image can also be uploaded on all sheet cake sizes.
Not all Wegmans bakery cakes are available to order online. Cupcakes, specialty themes, character kits, and Wegmans Ultimate Cakes are not included at this time.
When an online order is submitted, the customer receives an email with a confirmation number, store contact information, and when and where the cake will be ready for pickup.
Orders are also accepted by phone or in person at the Catering desk or bakery counter.
“We’re happy to introduce this option for those who may prefer to place an order from a computer or mobile device, especially as we head into the peak season for cake requests in late spring and summer,” said Nick.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 92-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. The family-owned company, recognized as an industry leader and innovator, celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2016. Wegmans has been named one of the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ by FORTUNE magazine for 20 consecutive years, ranking #2 in 2017.
SOURCE: Wegmans Food Markets
Media Relations Coordinator
2,274 total views, 1 views today