SAN FRANCISCO, 2014-5-30 — /EPR Retail News/ — Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) today announced that Art Peck, president of the company’s Growth, Innovation and Digital division, will address investors at Goldman Sachs’ Fifth Annual dotCommerce Day in New York City on June 4, 2014.
A live webcast of the presentation will be accessible from www.gapinc.com (follow the Investors, Financial News and Events, Webcast links) beginning at approximately 10:30 a.m. ET on June 4, 2014. An archive of the webcast presentation will be available for 90 days.
This investor day conference and related webcast may contain forward-looking statements within the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than those that are purely historical are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may include statements regarding financial and operational benefits resulting from the company’s planned investments in digital, omni-channel, and personalization capabilities. Words such as “expect,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “project,” and similar expressions also identify forward-looking statements.
Because these forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, there are important factors that could cause the company’s actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. These factors include, without limitation, the following:
- the risk that changes in global economic conditions or consumer spending patterns could adversely impact our results of operations;
- the highly competitive nature of our business in the United States and internationally;
- the risk that the failure to attract and retain key personnel could have an adverse impact on our results of operations;
- the risk that our investments in omni-channel shopping initiatives may not deliver the results we anticipate;
- the risk that updates or changes to our information technology (“IT”) systems may disrupt our operations;
- the risk that we are subject to data or other security breaches that may result in increased costs, violations of law, significant legal and financial exposure, and a loss of confidence in our security measures, which could have an adverse effect on our results of operations and our reputation; and
- the risk that changes in the regulatory or administrative landscape could adversely affect our financial condition, strategies, and results of operations.
Additional information regarding factors that could cause results to differ can be found in the company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended February 1, 2014, as well as the company’s subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
These forward-looking statements are based on information as of the date of the conference. The company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements even if experience or future changes make it clear that any projected results expressed or implied therein will not be realized.
About Gap Inc.
Gap Inc. is a leading global retailer offering clothing, accessories, and personal care products for men, women, and children under the Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, Athleta, and Intermix brands. Fiscal year 2013 net sales were $16.1 billion. Gap Inc. products are available for purchase in more than 90 countries worldwide through more than 3,100 company-operated stores, over 350 franchise stores, and e-commerce sites. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.