Cheshunt, England, 2014-6-12 — /EPR Retail News/ — Tesco has scooped three prestigious Grocer Gold Awards at a ceremony held in London last night.
The retailer picked up the Awards for:
- Online Supermarket of the Year
- Own Label Range of the Year, for finest*
- Business Initiative of the Year, for its work to actively change customer behaviour towards low calorie drinks
The Own Label of the Year for Tesco finest* follows recent success at The Grocer’s Own-Label Food and Drink Awards with finest* scooping 22 of the awards available – more than any other retailer.
On the Grocer Gold finest* win, John Scouler, Commercial Director said:
“We’ve made big improvements to our finest* range, and customers have told us how much they love the new food. This Grocer Gold award is the cherry on the finest* cake.”
On the award for Online Supermarket of the Year, Simon Belsham, Managing Director of Grocery Home Shopping said:
“We’re absolutely thrilled to have won this award. We were first supermarket to launch online shopping in 1998 and it’s fantastic that we’re still recognised as the best online supermarket sixteen years later. In all that time, our focus has been the same – we always aim to give our customers what they want, when they want it and how they want it.”
And on the award for Business Initiative of the Year, Leonie Foster, Brand Marketing Director said:
“We’re delighted that this award recognises the work we have done in removing three billion calories from our soft drinks, to help customers live healthier lives. And we’ll keep finding ways to help them make healthier choices, such as taking sweets off all our checkouts.”
Notes to Editors
1. For more information on the Grocer Gold awards, visit: http://www.thegrocergoldawards.co.uk/page/2014_winners.html
2. For more information on Tesco’s success at the recent Grocer Own Label Awards, visit: http://www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=17&newsid=963
3. For more information on Tesco’s recent changes to online shopping, including lowering delivery charges and making Click and Collect free, visit: http://www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=17&newsid=956
4. For more information on Tesco’s ambition to use its scale for good by helping customers and colleagues lead healthier lives, visit: http://www.tescoplc.com/index.asp?pageid=584
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
We are a team of over 500,000 people in 12 markets dedicated to providing the most compelling offer to our customers.