WASHINGTON, 2014-7-11 — /EPR Retail News/ — Shop.org today announced the addition of two new members to its Board of Directors and welcomed back eight members that currently serve on the Board. Each member will serve a two-year term. The next meeting for new and returning Board members will be in Rancho Palos Verdes, California during Shop.org’s Online Merchandising Workshop in July.
New Shop.org Board members:
- Bryon Colby, senior vice president of digital commerce, Cornerstone Brands / HSNi
- Deepika Pandey, group vice president, customer experience, direct and digital marketing, Walgreen Co.
The Shop.org leadership team represents the needs of Shop.org members, provides strategic guidance on the operation and mission of the group, and contributes to Shop.org’s authority in the digital retail industry.
“We are thrilled to welcome both Bryon and Deepika to the Shop.org board of directors and look forward to learning from and collaborating with them on projects and initiatives throughout their time with us,” said NRF Senior Vice President and Executive Director of Shop.org, Vicki Cantrell. “Digital retail remains a powerful force, and I’m positive the combined knowledge and professionalism of the executives represented on our board will greatly benefit our staff as well as serve our communities as we explore retail innovations and digital capabilities.”
Incumbents who will remain on the Shop.org Board to serve another two-year term, include:
- Brad Brown, senior vice president, digital retail, Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
- David Brussin, founder and chief executive officer, Monetate
- Michael Burgess, president, HBC digital, Hudson’s Bay Company
- Peter Cobb, co-founder, executive vice president, eBags.com
- Kevin Ertell, senior vice president, digital, Sur La Table
- Nicolas Franchet, head of retail and e-commerce strategy, Facebook
- Billy May, group vice president, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Sucharita Mulpuru, vice president and principal analyst, Forrester
The newly elected and re-elected members join the rest of the Shop.org Board. View the entire current Shop.org Board members here.
Shop.org, a division of the National Retail Federation, is the world’s leading community for digital retail, offering thought leadership through original research and gold standard events. The community is made up of exclusive networking groups and committees that lead the global conversation surrounding innovative e-commerce trends and digital retail. Shop.org members include some of the world’s largest most respected retail, technology, research, and consulting companies. www.shop.org.