• Customers to receive the best possible service this Christmas as Tesco steps up customer service efforts
• From today 400 Tesco stores will have teams of 6-9 bag packers
• All large stores will also have a dedicated greeter at the store entrance
Cheshunt, England, 2014-12-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — Customers at 400 Tesco stores will have dedicated bag packers working every day from now until Christmas Eve. The role isn’t just about bag packing, it’s part of Tesco’s work to really deliver for customers this Christmas. From running and grabbing a forgotten product for a customer to pushing the trolley to the car – Tesco bag packers will be on hand for whatever customers’ need. Greeters will also ensure customers are welcomed to the store when embarking upon their festive shops.
Tony Hoggett, UK Retail Director for Tesco said,
‘Providing great service to our customers every day is really important to us, but it’s even more important at Christmas. We all know how stressful the Christmas shop can be, but we also know it can be a lot of fun with the right colleague on hand, which is why we’ve invested in having bag packers and greeters.”
Senay Hasan, Customer Assistant at Tesco Surrey Quays said,
‘I’m really looking forward to helping customers with their Christmas shop in the next couple of weeks. We’ll all be donning our Christmas jumpers and hope to bring lots of festive cheer’.
This is part of Tesco’s continuing efforts to improve service. Further details on service initiatives –
· 6000 new colleagues have joined Tesco since October
· “Feet on the floor” has seen office colleagues help out in stores – this has totalled over 180,000 hours
· Tesco’s Customer Service Centre have recruited over 850 seasonal workers to ensure queries can be responded to as quickly as possible
For more information please contact the Tesco Press Office on
We are a team of over 500,000 people in 12 markets dedicated to providing the most compelling offer to our customers.