- Starbucks Mobile Order & Pay in Canada begins with 300 stores in Greater Toronto Area
- New feature on the Starbucks® app for iPhone® will let customers place an order in advance and pick it up at their nearest participating location
TORONTO, 2015-10-8 — /EPR Retail News/ — Starbucks Canada today announced that it will bring the company’s innovative mobile ordering feature, Mobile Order & Pay, to approximately 300 company-owned stores in the Greater Toronto Area on October 13, 2015.
Following successful launches in company-owned stores across the U.S., mobile ordering is emerging as the fastest and easiest way for Starbucks customers to order ahead, pay and then pick up their purchases – providing on-the-go customers a simple and quick alternative to get some of their favorite food or beverage items. Seamlessly integrated into Starbucks world-class mobile app and My Starbucks Rewards® loyalty program, the feature will be available for customers using the Starbucks® app for iPhone® (in the Greater Toronto Area including Markham, Scarborough, Richmond Hill, Unionville, Vaughan, Etobicoke, Aurora and Thornhill). Starbucks plans to expand Mobile Order & Pay to other select Canadian cities in 2016.
“Toronto is the largest city in Canada and also home to some of Starbucks busiest North American stores,” said Jessica Mills, director brand and digital, Starbucks Canada. “We know that sometimes, customers have to choose between going to Starbucks and making their next meeting or appointment. The simple, convenience of Mobile Order & Pay means customers can bypass the line. It represents a significant opportunity for us to enhance the customer experience and significantly save customers some time.”
Starbucks was the first national retailer to offer its own mobile payment technology combined with a deep loyalty program. Today, mobile payments represent 18% of all in-store transactions in Canadian Starbucks stores and more than 1 million Canadians are active My Starbucks Rewards® members. With the Mobile Order & Pay feature, customers have the same Starbucks Experience they would have in store, including the ability to customize orders through the app with the convenience and speed of placing and paying for an order in advance. Estimated pick up times are shown in-app before a customer confirms their order.
To use Mobile Order & Pay from the Starbucks® app for iPhone®
1. Click on the “Order” option at the top right of the screen
2. Select the food and beverage items to order: Beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more
3. Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customer’s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available, if needed
4. Confirm by clicking, “order:” At the time of order, payment is made from the customer’s registered Starbucks Card
5. Proceed to the participating Starbucks® store to pick up food and beverages: Orders are sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with stores around the globe, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at www.starbucks.ca and the Starbucks Newsroom at news.starbucks.com
For more information on this news release, contact us.