Wesfarmers today (19 October 2015) released its online 2015 Sustainability Report.
PERTH, AUSTRALIA, 2015-10-19 — /EPR Retail News/ — The report details the company’s performance against its 10 community and environmental impact principles in the areas of people, sourcing, community, environment and governance.
The report also addresses the sustainability performance of each of Wesfarmers’ businesses with more than 40 case studies from across the Group.
Performance highlights covered in the report include:
• Safety: reducing the total recordable injury frequency rate by 7.5 per cent
• Diversity: employing an additional 500 Indigenous Australians at Coles alone
• Ethical sourcing: continuing the rollout of the publication of our retail divisions’ supplier details
• Community contributions: increasing our combined direct and indirect community contributions to more than $100 million for the first time
• Climate change resilience: implementing shadow carbon pricing in our approach to capital allocation and decreasing the emissions intensity of our business by 37 per cent over the last five years.
This is the 18th year Wesfarmers has published a sustainability report and the second year the report has been published primarily online.
In his video introduction to the 2015 online report, Wesfarmers Managing Director Richard Goyder said good progress had been made but more remains to be done.
“One thing we have always recognised is that the communities in which we operate have to thrive and succeed and we have to operate in a sustainable way,” Mr Goyder said.
Last month, Wesfarmers was advised that it was selected among 11 out of 62 Food and Staples Retailing companies to be included in the 2015 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices.
The 2015 report can be viewed at sustainability.wesfarmers.com.au.
For further information:
Media and External Affairs Manager
+61 8 9327 4423 or +61 417 813 804