Each Charity to Receive a $5,000 KidCents Grant to Improve the Lives of Children
Camp Hill, Pa., 2017-Dec-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — This season of giving, in an effort to give back to non-profit organizations that give so much to their clients and communities, The Rite Aid Foundation is awarding a total of $2.2 million to its partner charities through its KidCents Holiday Wishes program. Created to recognize the year-round efforts of each organization, each of the more than 440 charities currently participating in The Rite Aid Foundation’s KidCents program will receive a $5,000 grant to help make a holiday wish of their choice come true.
“The Rite Aid Foundation wanted to give our KidCents charities a special gift this holiday season, in recognition of all they do to give the children they serve a chance for better lives and brighter futures,” said Tracy Henderson, director of The Rite Aid Foundation and charitable giving initiatives. “Our KidCents Holiday Wishes program captures the true spirit of the holiday season and is the perfect way to thank our partner charities for all they do throughout the year to make a difference in the lives of children in our communities.”
The KidCents charities were asked to pick the wish they felt would have the most impact for those they serve. Holiday wishes range from facility and equipment repairs to operating supplies to holiday care packages and gifts to training and special programming to help improve the health, safety and well-being of the children they serve. Examples of holiday wishes being fulfilled through the KidCents Holiday Wishes program include:
• Miracle Babies, San Diego, CA: The nonprofit organization, which provides education, support and financial assistance to families with critically ill newborns in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, is creating holiday care packages that will be distributed to 500 parents.
• The Boys and Girls Club of the Tar River Region, Rocky Mount, NC: The local chapter, which provides after-school programming to thousands of kids ages 5-18 years old at three separate locations, plans to replace insulation that was damaged by Hurricane Matthew last year.
• The Children’s Village, Dobbs Ferry, NY: The nonprofit organization, which provides innovative residential and community-based program to at-risk children, teens and families, is creating a new game room for the 300 kids who live at the facility.
• Northeast Youth Center, Spokane, WA: The youth center, which provides educational and recreational activities to children ages 3-17, will help kids stay warm this winter by providing winter coats and boots.
• Washtenaw Area Council for Children, Ypsilanti, MI: Michigan Children’s Trust Fund’s designated agency for the prevention of child abuse and neglect in Washtenaw County is purchasing 25 tablets and one laptop to begin offering a cyber safety program to its members.
“We are so proud to be part of the KidCents Holiday Wishes program,” said Marianela Camarillo, Miracle Babies director of program services. “Thanks to the generosity of The Rite Aid Foundation we are able to spread a little extra holiday cheer and give comfort to parents and families who desperately need it this time of year.”
KidCents was developed by The Rite Aid Foundation to provide Rite Aid customers an opportunity to do even more to help the kids in the communities Rite Aid serves. Through KidCents, members of Rite Aid’s wellness+ with Plenti program can round up their in-store or online purchases to the nearest dollar and give their change to one of more than 440 nonprofit organizations focused on improving the health and wellbeing of children. For more information, visit www.kidcents.com.
Since its inception in 2001, The Rite Aid Foundation has awarded more than $36 million to non-profit organizations. Additionally, Rite Aid, through the efforts of its customers, supplier partners and associates, has also raised more than $81 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals across the country since 1994.
Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation’s leading drugstore chains with fiscal 2017 annual revenues of $32.8 billion. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through the company’s website at www.riteaid.com.
Media: Ashley Flower 717-975-5718
SOURCE: Rite Aid Corp.