- Month-long campaign features interactive website at belk.com and in-store events designed to promote heart disease awareness and education to customers and associates
- Belk offers 20% off coupons for sale merchandise Feb. 2-8 for $1 or more donation to AHA; also, customers receive 20% off purchase of regular and sale-priced items with limited exclusions on Feb. 3 for Healthcare Appreciation Day and on Feb. 25 for Healthy Living Day
- Customers can remember loved ones on their local store’s Wall of Hearts
Charlotte, NC, US, 2014-1-28 — /EPR Retail News/ — Belk today announced plans for its annual storewide “Our Heart to Yours” campaign to be held in February during American Heart Month. The campaign will benefit the American Heart Association (AHA) and its My Heart. My Life.™ initiative to promote health, wellness and fitness and increase heart disease awareness and education.
Belk stores in 16 states across the South will host a variety of in-store events and activities, and Belk’s “Our Heart to Yours” website (belk.com/heart) will offer an online interactive heart health educational experience throughout the month.
Customers will have several savings opportunities during the month as part of the campaign:
- Feb. 2-8: Customers who donate $1 or more will receive three 20% off coupons good for the purchase of three single sale-priced items
- Feb. 3: Customers receive 20% off the purchase of regular- and sale-priced items with limited exclusions during Healthcare Appreciation Day
- Feb. 25: Customers receive 20% off the purchase of regular- and sale-priced items with limited exclusions during Healthy Living Day
In addition, every store will create a Wall of Hearts where, with a donation of $1 or more, customers can express their love to a friend or family member with a personalized paper heart that will be displayed throughout the campaign.
Belk will host campaign activities and events throughout the month and customers may contact their local Belk store for more details. Customers are also invited to visit Belk’s informational micro website, belk.com/heart, where they will find an online donation link, ideas for getting involved in the campaign, and links to the AHA’s interactive heart score assessment and personalized healthy living plan.
“Belk is pleased to partner with the American Heart Association again this year in their fight against heart disease,” said Jon Pollack, Belk, Inc. executive vice president, sales promotion, marketing and e-commerce. “It’s the leading killer of women in America, and our company-wide campaign strives to educate customers and associates on the importance of leading healthier lifestyles. Our goal is to create awareness and provide heart health education in our stores and on the “Our Heart to Yours” website on belk.com.”
All funds raised through Belk’s in-store efforts will support the American Heart Association’s My Heart. My Life. ™ initiative aimed at helping Americans live healthier lives.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for Americans and stroke ranks fourth. The American Heart Association’s My Life Check™ empowers you to take a big step toward a healthier life. In just a few minutes, you can get your personal heart score and a custom plan with Life’s Simple 7™, the 7 simple steps you need to start living your best life. Visit belk.com/heart for more information.
About Belk, Inc.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Belk, Inc. (www.belk.com) is the nation’s largest family owned and operated department store company with 300 Belk stores located in 16 Southern states and a growing digital presence. Founded in 1888 by William Henry Belk in Monroe, N.C., the company is in the third generation of Belk family leadership. Belk has been committed to community involvement since its inception. Each year, the company gives 2.5 percent of its pretax income back to the communities it serves. In the fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2013, the company and its associates, customers and vendors, donated more than $19 million to those communities.
For further information: Jessica Graham, vice president, corporate communications and community relations, 704-426-8333, Jessica_graham@belk.com