LONDON, 2014-11-24 — /EPR Retail News/ — Sainsbury’s will be taking part in the Black Friday sales craze for the first time this week, with amazing prices on a range of selected products. Over 141 million customers shopped at the event in the US last year, with more UK retailers taking part in recent years, planting it firmly on the retail calendar.
The event will be run in 485 stores with a “when it’s gone, it’s gone” policy. There will be fantastic prices on thirteen product lines, including TVs, tablets, audio products and kitchen electricals. Nectar customers will receive information about the deals on Wednesday 26 November, but nothing will be released before then.
Roger Burnley, Director of Retail and Operations at Sainsbury’s said: “This is a great way to give our customers some fantastic deals on products before Christmas. It’s a competitive market, so it felt right to be part of the mix this year and kick off the busiest trading time of the year with a popular sales event.”
Notes to editors
- Starts Friday, 28 November and will last for three days or while stocks last
- 485 stores are taking part. There will be bespoke area marked with promotional material in store to display the merchandise
- Customers will only be able to buy one of each product
- Opening hours will not be extended. Offers will be live from 01.00 AM in 24 hour stores and live for normal store opening in all other stores
- Customers and colleagues cannot reserve or hold back products