London, 2016-Dec-19 — /EPR Retail News/ — The Chinese eCommerce market has continued to show spectacular growth. From 2014 to 2015, the market grew more than 30%, with a similar growth rate expected in 2016. It now far outstrips the U.S. eCommerce market by sales value (almost USD600 billion in China versus USD350 billion in the U.S.). It is not just the sheer size of the market that matters, but also its complexity. B2C and C2C channels are clearly defined. B2C remains the bulk of the market with 59% of the value traded. Online B2B has resulted in major value growth and new opportunities. This model allows major manufacturers to penetrate lower-tier cities and markets without setting up costly and often inefficient supply networks.
Kantar Retail will host an exclusive webinar on Wednesday 21st December in English and Chinese to highlight the key findings of the 2016 China Digital Power Study. The Webinar will be divided into two parts:
FMCG online performance review: This part will focus on the following key takeaways:
- Overall FMCG category online landscape
- Size of the category and segment
- Best practices and key success factors
- Category brand ranking
- Online channel category’s distribution
Categories include personal care, household essentials, baby products, food and beverage, and alcohol.
Best eTailers ranked by manufacturers: This part will reveal the best eTailers as determined by manufacturers in each business area. This section will:
- Review results from over 200 manufacturers on their China eTailer partners.
- Summarize the factors that make high-performing Chinese eTailers successful.
- Evaluate eTailers from five unique lenses: commercial strength, strategic strength, operational strength, marketing strength, and organization and capability.
Global Communications Manager
T: +44 (0) 1372 825 391
Source: Kantar Retail