DULLES, Virginia, 2017-Mar-09 — /EPR Retail News/ — Virginia residents and those traveling through the Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) have a new fresh option for made-to-order Asian fare, as Pei Wei has opened for business today (March 07, 2017). The location will be the tenth airport site for the popular Asian brand, following the successful launches of the previous nine locations throughout U.S. airports.
“We’re proud to bring Pei Wei’s unique, Asian-inspired, fast-casual experience to the Washington Dulles International Airport,” said Steve Winters, Director of Operations for Pei Wei – Global Brand Development. “Whether dining in the airport or taking to go, guests can customize their orders because all dishes are handcrafted fresh and fast,” Winters added.
“Paradies Lagardère tailors brands to entice travelers in a variety of ways, including bringing the familiar quality, taste and atmosphere of a favorite national brand into an airport,” said Bill Casey, Senior Vice President, Food and Beverage, Paradies Lagardère. “Pei Wei is not only delicious, but the brand’s high-quality food standards mirror our own. We’re excited to introduce another great dining concept to IAD for passengers to enjoy.”
Bold, Fresh and Affordable Menu
Pei Wei provides options for any appetite or occasion, allowing guests to enjoy a wide variety of pairing, sizing and pricing starting at just $2.49. Menu highlights include:
- Wok-Fresh Entrées: Pei Wei is known for its made-to-order wok dishes, with hand-cut ingredients fired in 700-degree woks to seal in the bold flavors. Popular picks include Honey Seared Chicken, combining sweet honey garlic sauce, chile oil, rice sticks, scallions and red peppers; savory Mongolian Steak with soy sauce, scallions, garlic and white mushrooms; and Kung Pao Chicken with a spicy kick of chile-seared soy sauce, scallions, garlic, snap peas, carrots and peanuts.
- Perfect Additions: Complete any meal with a number of options including Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Spring Rolls or Thai Wonton Soup.
- Grab & Go: Pei Wei has a selection of grab-and-go dishes, many of which were custom-crafted with airport travelers in mind, including Grilled Chicken Banh Mi, Spicy Mango Wrap, Asian Chopped Salad, and various hand-rolled sushi items.
In all, the menu offers 23 starters, soups, salads, entrées and sides.
Unique to this airport location, Pei Wei will also offer breakfast for morning travelers, featuring a mix of traditional selections and Asian-inspired choices:
- Bacon & Egg Fried Rice — Wok-tossed chicken apple sausage and bacon in a smoky soy tomato sauce with bean sprouts, egg, Napa cabbage, grape tomatoes, scallions garlic and cilantro.
- Chicken Sausage Breakfast Wrap — Wok-tossed chicken apple sausage, egg, bean sprouts, scallions and cilantro wrapped in a toasted flour tortilla with chile garlic aioli.
- Breakfast Croissant — Toasted sesame seed croissant with egg, bacon, Monterey Jack cheese and Sriracha lime aioli.
The new Pei Wei location is conveniently located in Terminal B, across from Gate 71 and will be open from 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily.
Nicole V. Linton
Marketing Communications Manager
P: 404 494 3419
M: 470 455 1843
Source: Paradies Lagardère