Bradford, England, 2016-Sep-05 — /EPR Retail News/ — This week, Morrisons will cut the price of essential meat and poultry products by 12 per cent, to help families bring meat back to the dinner table this autumn.
- Price cuts on ham and other cooked meats will also help families whose children will be returning to school with packed lunches this week.
- The reductions in meat prices come as new research shows that families are eating more roasts mid-week. i The cuts are aimed at helping them eat meat more affordably.
- The prices of nearly 130 top selling cooked meat, fresh meat and poultry products are being reduced along with more than 30 fruit & veg lines.
- Andy Atkinson, Morrisons Customer and Marketing Director, said: “Meat is one of the priciest items in families’ shopping baskets and as kids go back to school the cost of packed lunches is an added cost. “We’re a British company, making our own ham and buying our own cattle here in Britain. By doing this efficiently ourselves we can pass much-needed savings on to customers.”
- Example price cuts per product
The cuts form part of Morrisons latest ‘Price Crunch’, a rolling programme of lower prices, typically lasting a minimum of three months. To date this year, the grocer has reduced the prices of over 4,435 products.
For all media enquiries call: 0845 611 5111
Source: Morrisons Group