Croix Cedex, France, 2016-Sep-13 — /EPR Retail News/ — By receiving the “Reina Letizia” Award for the Promotion of Professional Integration of Disabled People, Auchan Retail Spain is recognized for the quantitative and qualitative measures implemented to promote the employment of disabled people, as part of its Corporate and Social Responsibility policies.
Auchan Retail Spain employs:
- 429 disabled people (or 3.55% of the workforce). By adding indirect jobs through purchases from Special Employment Centres, the proportion reaches 4.5% of the workforce.
- 58% are women, 39% are more than 45 years old and 7% have a disability rate over 65%.
- 20% of its staff received specific training on disability: concept, historical development, issues associated with the various types and degrees of disability.
The involvement of Auchan Retail Spain for disabled people dates back to 2000 and the signing, for the first time, of the “Inserta” agreement with the ONCE Foundation, which aims to promote the integration of people with disabilities.
Since then, Auchan Retail Espagne continued its work on 3 axis:
- employees, to proactively incorporate disabled people in the workforce
- customers, by labeling in Braille own-brand products, a fully-accessible website for visually impaired people, caddies that can be used with a wheelchair…
- suppliers, by favoring purchases to Special Centres for Employment, in which more than 70% of staff are disabled persons.
Source: Auchan Holdings