- Starting today, fans can listen to hit songs and popular albums from the country music icon on Amazon Music Unlimited, including the latest single—“Baby, Let’s Lay Down and Dance”—off his highly anticipated new studio album, Gunslinger
- In addition to unlimited streaming, Garth Brooks albums and songs are available for purchase and digital download on Amazon Music
- Amazon Music Unlimited is an on-demand music streaming service with a catalog of tens of millions of songs and thousands of hand-curated playlists and personalized stations available for Prime members at a breakthrough price of $7.99/month or $79/year, $9.99/month for non-Prime customers or for only$3.99/month with a ‘for Echo’ subscription plan
SEATTLE, 2016-Oct-22 — /EPR Retail News/ — Amazon today (Oct. 19, 2016) announced that music from the best-selling solo artist in U.S. history, Garth Brooks, is now available to stream exclusively on Amazon Music. This is the first time ever that music from the first and only artist to receive seven Diamond awards for seven individual albums from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is available to stream on-demand. Starting today, Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers can stream the latest single, “Baby, Let’s Lay Down and Dance,” from his upcoming new studio album, Gunslinger(Pearl Records, Inc.), in addition to Garth’s Diamond-selling album, The Ultimate Hits and the two-time Diamond-selling album, Double Live, which includes “Friends in Low Places,” “The Dance,” “Papa Loved Mama,” “Callin’ Baton Rouge,” “Unanswered Prayers,” “The River,” “Ain’t Goin’ Down (‘Til the Sun Comes Up),” “Two Pina Coladas,” “Shameless,” and “The Thunder Rolls.” All songs on Double Live will also be available on Prime Music.
More music from the multi-GRAMMY award-winning and Billboard award-winning artist will be added to Amazon Music Unlimited later this year, including his upcoming new holiday album with his wife and country star Trisha Yearwood titled, Christmas Together (Pearl Records, Inc.), and his highly anticipated upcoming studio album, Gunslinger, the first since 2014, which features the new single, “Baby, Let’s Lay Down and Dance,” released just last week. Rolling Stone called the single an “upbeat country tune with Southern rock-inspired guitar riffs has a timeless sound.” The new song is streaming, as of today, exclusively on Amazon Music Unlimited.
“It is a joy to work with a company that is all about the customer when it comes to service, and all about the music and its creators when it comes to the music,” stated Garth Brooks. “I applaud Amazon on their commitment to quality and thank them for this opportunity.”
“This is a landmark moment for both Amazon Music and Garth Brooks,” stated Steve Boom, VP of Amazon Music. “Garth Brooks is a legendary country music superstar who continues to shatter industry records and amaze fans three decades into his career. We are honored to make his music available for streaming for the first time ever, exclusively on Amazon Music.”
The genre-spanning collection of Garth’s music, including studio and compilation albums, are also available for purchase and digital download in MP3 format on Amazon Music. Amazon Music Unlimited will also be the official sponsor of Garth Brooks current record-breaking tour, which will go worldwide in 2017.
Garth Brooks has received seven Diamond awards for seven individual albums from the RIAA for selling over ten million units each, a feat only he can claim, and is the No. 1 selling solo artist in U.S. history certified by the RIAA with over 138 million album sales. Throughout his illustrious career he has won the Billboard Music Artist Achievement Award, NACCP Image Award and has been inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, and the International Songwriters Hall of Fame in New York. Garth also just received his 11th nomination for Entertainer of the Year from the CMA Awards.
Listeners can also experience the magic of innovative new Alexa voice controls when listening to Garth’s music on Echo—no search or browse required. Just ask.
- Ready to listen? Just ask, “Alexa, play Garth Brooks”
- Want to hear the latest Garth Brooks single? Just ask, “Alexa, play the new Garth Brooks song” and Alexa will play “Baby, Let’s Lay Down and Dance”
- Can’t remember the name of a song from Garth, but know the lyrics? Just ask, “Alexa, play the song that goes ‘Swore I’d never compromise, but you convinced me otherwise’” and Alexa will play “Shameless”
- Having a quiet weekend and want to listen to Garth and other country artists? Just ask, “Alexa play relaxing country music” and Alexa will choose a personalized playlist like “Cool Down: Country,” “Relaxing Garth Brooks” or “Acoustic Garth Brooks”
- Want to only listen to Garth’s music from a specific time period? Just ask, “Alexa, play Garth Brooks 90s music” and Alexa will play tracks released by the star in that decade
- Want to have fun while listening? Just ask, “Alexa, what’s the weather in her heart?”
Launched last week, Amazon Music Unlimited is available on all Amazon Music compatible devices at a breakthrough price of $7.99/month or $79/year (which is $6.58/month) for Prime members or $9.99/month for non-Prime customers. In addition, Amazon Music Unlimited is available with an exclusive “for Echo” subscription plan for only $3.99/month for listening on a single Echo, Echo Dot or Amazon Tap.
To start listening today on Amazon Music Unlimited visit www.amazon.com/amazonmusicunlimited.
About Amazon Music
Amazon Music is the destination for customers to have the most choice in how to access and listen to all their favorite music. In addition to streaming with Amazon Music Unlimited and Amazon Prime, Amazon Music offers the world’s largest selection of CD and Vinyl, including AutoRip on more than a hundred thousand albums, and tens of millions of MP3 songs to purchase and own. For more information on Amazon Music visit www.amazon.com/amazonmusic.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
Garth Brooks Press
Nancy Seltzer & Associates, Inc.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.