- Orders up 480% compared to the same time last week
- iPhone 7, Samsung S7 and iPhone 6S most popular products to date
- Virtual Reality orders up 300% compared to last week
LONDON, 2016-Nov-26 — /EPR Retail News/ — With Black Friday 2016 firmly underway, Carphone Warehouse is reporting its highest ever number of orders made via mobile phone, with the channel now making up nearly half of all online orders, signifying a shift in the way customers shop on Black Friday.
Early bird shoppers have already made the most of the Black Friday deals, as Carphone Warehouse saw its traffic peak between 8am and 9am this morning, this follows some late-night owl browsing, which saw traffic peak between 9pm and 10pm. This morning alone, there has been a 230% increase on orders compared to the same time yesterday and 483% compared to the same time last week as shoppers flock to the retailer to make use of its deals.
Since the new wave of fresh Black Friday deals went live at 8 pm last night, Carphone Warehouse has seen the iPhone 7, Samsung S7 and iPhone 6s fly off its virtual shelves, with black recorded as the most popular colour with iPhone 7 and rose gold with iPhone 6s customers, whilst Samsung customers preferred the silver titanium – exclusive to Carphone Warehouse.
Key deal items proving popular with customers outside of mobile phones, includes the latest VR devices and Samsung’s Gear 360. In fact, virtual reality is one of Carphone Warehouse’s top Black Friday categories, making up the top five products outside of mobile phones, with orders up 300% compared to last week.
The retailer is expecting more than 1million visitors in-store and over 5million online over its 10-day Black Tag period, with the peak set to be today.
Carphone Warehouse’s top Black Friday deals include:
- New deals just live:
- Get the Samsung Galaxy J3 from £13.50 a month on iD Mobile with free Beats by Dr Dre EP On-Ear headphones, representing a saving of £89.95
- Great SIM-only deal with Vodafone for a Multi SIM 4G card with 20GB data and EU roaming at £22.20 a month, coming with a £50 Currys PC World Gift Card
- A saving of £100 on the Sony XA at no upfront cost for £11.50 a month on iD Mobile. Shoppers can also pick up iD’s SIM Only deals on its ShockProof plan gaining extra data.
- Get the latest iPhone 7 (32GB) available for £79.99 up front at just £33.49 a month on EE or get the iPhone SE at £59.99 upfront at just £19 a month on Vodafone.
- Amazing savings on SIM-free handsets – The iPhone 7 has also been reduced by £20 on the 32GB, 128GB and 256GB SIM-free handsets.
- Save £200 on the Samsung S7, for no upfront fee at £24 a month. Save £200 on the iPhone 6s (32GB), available for £59.99 at £28 per month. This is alongside the Sony XZ, which will be offered at no up-front cost for just £28 per month.
- Save £70 on the brand-new Pixel Phone by Google (32GB), or save £100 on the best seller Samsung S7 Edge on the SIM Free pricing.
- Continued introductory offer on the Samsung Gear 360 – now £249.99, a saving of £100!
For more information on the Carphone Warehouse Black Friday deals, please visit www.carphonewarehouse.com
Notes to editors:
Carphone Warehouse compares the widest range of tariffs on the market so is offering its Price Promise* to any new or upgrading customer. Price Promise means anyone who thinks they’ve found a better deal from either O2, Vodafone or EE on a Pay monthly or SIM Only plan, will have the deal matched by Carphone Warehouse and their first month’s line rental paid for free.
*Offer valid from 8.30 am on 25th November until 23:59 on 28th November
About Dixons Carphone
Dixons Carphone plc is Europe’s leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, employing over 42,000 people in eleven countries.
Focused on helping customers navigate the connected world, Dixons Carphone offers a comprehensive range of electrical and mobile products, connectivity and expert after-sales services from the Geek Squad and Knowhow.
Dixons Carphone’s primary brands include Carphone Warehouse and CurrysPCWorld in the UK & Ireland, Elkjøp, Elkjøp Phonehouse, Elgiganten, Elgiganten Phonehouse, Gigantti and Lefdal in the Nordic countries, Kotsovolos in Greece, Dixons Travel in a number of UK & Ireland airports and Phone House in Spain. Our key service brands include Knowhow in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics, and Geek Squad in the UK, Ireland and Spain.
Business-to-business (B2B) services are provided through Connected World Services, PC World Business and Carphone Warehouse Business. Connected World Services aims to leverage the Group’s existing expertise, operating processes and technology to provide a range of services to businesses.
Dixons Carphone was voted ‘Retailer of the Year’ at the Retail Week Awards 2016.
For more information about Dixons Carphone plc, please visit www.dixonscarphonegroup.com
Follow us on Twitter: @DixonsCarphone
Please contact Carphone Warehouse Press Office at M&C Saatchi PR for further information:
Press Office: email@example.com
Source: Dixons Carphone