- Combines convenience, curated products and the connected world
- The most innovative store yet will act as a lab to test new ideas and concepts
LONDON, 2016-Jul-07 — /EPR Retail News/ — Dixons Carphone plc (‘Dixons Carphone’), Europe’s leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, today opens its new London flagship store on Oxford Street – which merges the PC World, Currys and Carphone Warehouse brands in one central London location.
Drawing on an in-depth understanding of customer needs, Oxford Street is designed with busy Londoners and visitors to London in mind, offering a carefully curated range of premium products with a focus on convenient take away items. It is the most up to date expression of what Dixons Carphone stands for as a company: technology, connectivity, service, knowledge and the widest, yet most relevant, range of products.
A number of new store concepts and features have been introduced at Oxford Street, including:
- Digital feature wall, is the biggest screen on Oxford Street with over 20 sqm of LED screens delivering aspirational 4k content reflecting product categories, brands and offers through 4.3 million pixels
- Curated product range, featuring premium 4K televisions, an improved interactive camera display, enabling customers to experience and compare cameras and new Dyson and Nespresso stores-within-a-store
- Greater range of accessories and wearables, with a new Headphone Wall and Smart Watch Wall giving customers a more enjoyable and easier way to choose the right product
- Focus on Services, with the first combined PC World Business and KnowHow consultation space, which is also fitted with charging points for customer convenience
- Dedicated Multiplay offering, serving customers’ connectivity needs, including TV and broadband bundles, connected devices, and on-demand content, all in a dedicated space offering Multiplay expert advice
Oxford Street demonstrates the potential of high street locations to showcase a specialist range of products to customers in central locations. Oxford Street is a model for future high street 3-in-1 stores with successful elements also being rolled out to the wider estate.
Seb James, Group Chief Executive, Dixons Carphone, commented: “I’m very excited to be opening our new Oxford Street store, which brings together our latest thinking in Currys, PC World and Carphone Warehouse on the high street. Oxford Street is one of the most iconic shopping destinations in the world and it seems apt that we are launching a flagship store here. We have designed a real destination store that’s full of innovation and technology firsts that I’m sure our customers will love.
The retail environment continues to evolve and we know that our customers are incredibly discerning, so we need to provide an exciting, engaging and connected shopping experience combined with competitive pricing and excellent service. We hope our customer will agree that Oxford Street provides all that and more and we look forward to helping them in store.”
About Dixons Carphone
Dixons Carphone plc is Europe’s leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, employing over 42,000 people in 11 countries.
Focused on helping customers navigate the connected world, Dixons Carphone offers a comprehensive range of electrical and mobile products, connectivity and expert after-sales services from the Geek Squad and Know how.
Dixons Carphone’s primary brands include Carphone Warehouse, Currys and PCWorld in the UK & Ireland, Elkjøp, Elkjøp Phonehouse, Elgiganten, Elgiganten Phonehouse, Gigantti and Lefdal in the Nordic countries, Kotsovolos in Greece, Dixons Travel in a number of UK & Ireland airports and Phone House in Spain.
Our key service brands include Knowhow in the UK, Ireland and the Nordics, and Geek Squad in the UK, Ireland and Spain.
Business-to-business (B2B) services are provided through Connected World Services, PC World Business and Carphone Warehouse Business. Connected World Services aims to leverage the Group’s existing expertise, operating processes and technology to provide a range of services to businesses.
Dixons Carphone was voted ‘Retailer of the Year’ at the Retail Week Awards 2016.
For more information about Dixons Carphone, please visit www.dixonscarphone.com, Currys & PC World, please visit www.currys.co.uk or www.pcworld.co.uk, and Carphone Warehouse please visit www.carphonewarehouse.com.
For further information:
|Hannah Collyer, Head of Media Relations||Rachael Layfield/Helen Smith|
|07834 256775||020 7404 5959|
Source: Dixons Carphone