Zaandam, The Netherlands, 2017-Oct-16 — /EPR Retail News/ — Are you looking for more savings, faster shopping and a more transparent connection with your local grocer? The Ahold USA brands are working hard to make it happen.
Stop & Shop, Giant Food Stores, Martin’s Food Markets and Peapod have launched a series of initiatives to strengthen their digital capabilities and optimize their eCommerce offerings. With investments in digital coupons, new websites, mobile app improvements and a new recipe center, the brands are further improving the customer experience in the digital age.
Here are some of the milestones:
- One million new digital users (and counting) over the last year
- More than 179 million digital coupon activations so far this year — a 179% increase compared to the previous year
- New responsive brand websites, leading to 20% growth in web traffic over the last year
- A 76% increase in monthly app users and tripling of mobile app downloads
- Over one million social media followers across platforms
The brands have improved the digital circular experience, letting customers quickly clip relevant items, browse bonus buys, add items to their shopping lists, and even load coupons directly onto their loyalty cards.
To help customers with meal planning, more than 3,700 recipes featured in Ahold USA’s monthly Savory consumer magazine are available in an online shopping tool and customers can transfer ingredients directly into their Peapod shopping carts.
Knowing that connecting digitally can create a stronger relationship with customers, this year the Ahold USA brands launched a new YouTube video campaign, “Fresh Stories,” with engaging videos about their fresh product suppliers, and expanded their social media presence by launching on Instagram.
SOURCE: Ahold Delhaize
Ellen van Ginkel
Director External Communications
+31 88 6595134