LAS VEGAS, 2015-10-13 — /EPR Retail News/ — Kevin Martello, vice president of convenience, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, has been named 2015–16 chairman of the NACS Supplier Board.
In addition, Brad McGuinness, senior vice president, corporate R&D, at Verifone Inc., was named chair-elect and will succeed Martello as 2016–17 chairman. Martello and McGuinness were named to their positions during the NACS Supplier Board meeting at the NACS Show in Las Vegas.
Martello has been with Dr Pepper Snapple Group for 25 years, serving in a number of roles within the convenience and other retail channels. He attended Hillsborough Community College as well as continued education at Amberton University, and he participated in the Columbia Business School Sales Management program and the Cornell University Sales Management Program. Martello and his wife, Denise, have two children and one grandchild.
The NACS Supplier Board is comprised of individuals from NACS supplier member companies that represent different product and service categories in the convenience store industry.
Three vice chairmen also were elected to the five-member Supplier Board leadership team:
• Jay Ard, vice president, national sales, Coca-Cola Refreshments
• Frank McCarter, vice president of sales, national accounts, CURTIS
• Dave Riser, vice president, external relations, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company
In addition, six new members were elected to the NACS Supplier Board:
• Kevin Farley, chief operating officer, GSP
• CJ Watson, vice president, small format, Anheuser-Busch InBev
• Stuart Clark, vice president, trade relations, McLane Company Inc.
• Tom Blair, vice president, national accounts, MillerCoors
• Tony Battaglia, director of sales/industry relations, PepsiCo Inc.
• Wendy Redmond, director of sales, S & D Coffee & Tea
Founded in 1961 as the National Association of Convenience Stores, NACS (nacsonline.com) is the international association for convenience and fuel retailing. The U.S. convenience store industry, with more than 152,700 stores across the country, posted $696.1 billion in total sales in 2014, of which $482.6 billion were motor fuels sales. NACS has 2,100 retail and 1,600 supplier member companies, which do business in nearly 50 countries.