FORT LEE, Va. , 2017-May-23 — /EPR Retail News/ — June will bring more than hot temperatures for commissary patrons looking for plenty of promotional savings and exciting events, said the Defense Commissary Agency’s director of sales.
“Our customers will be treated to fun, spectacular events with super summer savings in the mix,” said Tracie Russ. “We’re kicking off June with our annual Healthy Lifestyle Festivals worldwide and other events highlighting our ongoing 150th commissary anniversary celebration.
“Your commissary has something for everyone,” she added. “Be it savings on the ingredients for that special Father’s Day menu or the quick meals, beverages and snacks for the family vacation road trip.”
DeCA’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with commissaries in June to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Always check what’s on the “end of the aisle” for themed items with extra low pricing. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs.
Customers should check with their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following sales events:
- Win summer trips. Commissary patrons can go to the DeCA website and enter to win trips throughout the summer. Go to the site’s Sales & Events page and Exclusive Savings page to find them.
- “Live Healthy and Save Big!” Military resale organizations are partnering for Healthy Lifestyle Festivals, May 26 – June 25, at installations worldwide. Some locations have fests scheduled the first weekend of July. This annual event features discounted prices on produce at commissary farmers markets, savings on workout equipment and apparel at exchanges, health screenings at local clinics, and fitness events hosted by the installation morale, welfare and recreation activities office. At many locations, veterinarians will also offer food safety tips and health information for family pets. Check for local times and dates on the Healthy Lifestyle Festival page.
- “Patriot Perks Program” returns for its fifth year. From June 19 to July 16, in recognition of the commissaries’ 150th anniversary, patrons worldwide can enter to win commissary shopping sprees with the grand prize being a year of free groceries. Look for product displays with Patriot Perks signage or visit the Patriot Perks site.
- Kellogg’s “Despicable Me 3” movie launch promotion! To celebrate the commissaries’ 150th anniversary and the “Despicable Me 3” movie, patrons have an opportunity worldwide from June 19 to July 16 to win a $150 commissary gift card. Look for demos, high-value coupons and sale signage from the following participating name brands: Cheez-It Crackers, Club Crackers, Keebler Chips, Deluxe Cookies, Pringles, and Eggo Waffles.
- Golden Seal Sweepstakes! Halo Top Creamery celebrates its fifth anniversary by offering five four-day vacations for two to Maui; a $5,000 gift card and a chance to make a dream come true at their local Make-A-Wish® Foundation chapter. Look for unique Golden Seals under lids of Halo Top products throughout June to win.
- Unilever is sponsoring the 8th annual “Red White & Blue Reunion” contest stateside, June 1 – July 15. Commissary patrons can enter to win a family vacation to one of America’s national parks by submitting a short essay on “Why My Family Should Win a Trip to a National Park.” There will be five grand prize trips: an all-inclusive family vacation to one of America’s national parks valued at up to $10,000 each. Additionally, 10 winners will be awarded commissary gift cards. Sweepstakes information tear pads will be in local commissaries throughout the promotion. Winners will be announced on Unilever’s Operation In-Touch military website. Unilever will also distribute over 125,000 in-store (over $6 savings) coupon booklets featuring savings on many of its top brands.
- General Mills is offering its annual “Sandsational Savings” program. This worldwide program from June 5 to July 2 will offer recipe ideas, high-value in-store coupons and giveaways.
- Smucker’s announces its 9th annual Mission Breakfast Event. From June 5-18, patrons will see mass displays and savings on the following name brands: Smucker’s, Martha White, Crisco, Folgers, Hungry Jack, Dunkin Donuts, Millstone and more. The stateside commissary that creates the most creative product display based on these products and increases its sales during the listed time frame will win the grand prize of a free breakfast event for all of the military personnel on the installation. The four-page insert with coupons on featured Smucker’s products will be highlighted on the MyMilitarySavings site.
- National Hawaiian Foods Week, the second week in June officially recognizes the culinary heritage of Hawaii. King’s Hawaiian Breads and Del Monte have joined forces worldwide for this weeklong celebration offering $4 off when you purchase any three participating brands’ products during a single shopping trip. From June 5-18, this promotion is offered via the Ibotta mobile coupon app. Go to the Ibotta sitehttps://ibotta.com/rebates.
- Throughout June Commissary Rewards Card holders can download a coupon worth $9.99 off their P&G purchase of $30 or more on P&G baby or health and beauty care items.
- Del Monte recognizes the commissary anniversary. From June 16 to July 15, Del Monte is celebrating the commissary’s 150th anniversary by offering pallet sales worldwide at heavily reduced prices. A donation from product sales of up to $50,000 will be made to the Folds of Honor Foundation which supports families of American service members killed in the line of duty.
- Your Commissary is Celebrating 150 Years! On July 1, commissaries worldwide will celebrate the 150th anniversary with cake and balloons. Door prizes will be given out with prizes from commissary gift cards to t-shirts, hats, goody bags and high-value coupons. Patrons will claim their prize instantly at a designated display area. There will also be (in most stores) demonstrations and samplings of top brand products. Look for the gold décor and the details of this special event.
Patrons can also access the DeCA website for the following features: 1) the Commissary Rewards Card, which allows patrons to redeem coupons electronically at the commissary checkout. Patrons can pick up a card at their local commissary and register it on the Rewards Card page, where they can log into their account to load coupons on the card before they shop; and 2) DeCA’s new Nutritional Guide Program; go to the Nutritional Guide Program page to learn more about the color-coded shelf labels that point out items with key nutrient attributes such as low sodium, whole grain, no sugar added, low fat, good source of fiber and organic.
The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Commissaries provide a military benefit and make no profit on the sale of merchandise. Authorized patrons save thousands of dollars annually on their purchases compared to commercial prices when shopping regularly at a commissary. The discounted prices include a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.
Kevin L. Robinson
(804) 734-8000, Ext. 4-8773