Scholarships recognize family, financial need, school and community service
Landover, Md., 2016-Jun-28 — /EPR Retail News/ — Giant Food, LLC today announced the 2016 recipients of the Izzy Cohen Memorial Scholarship and the Esther Peterson Memorial Grant. The winners are from a variety of high schools in the Greater Washington, D.C. region and were selected based on academic merit, association with Giant Food, school and community service and financial need. The scholarships will be used in part to support post-secondary education.
Recipients of this year’s scholarships include:
- Esther Peterson Memorial Grant
- Hayfield High School, Alexandria, VA
- Damascus High School, Damascus, MD
- Huntingtown High School, Huntingtown, MD
- Liberty High School, Eldersburg, MD
- Mercey High School, Baltimore, MD
- Cape Henlopen High School, Lewes DE
- Patapsco High School & Center for the Arts, Dundalk, MD
- Archbishop Curley High School, Baltimore, MD
- Izzy Cohen Memorial Scholarship
- James Madison High School, Vienna, VA
- Eleanor Roosevelt High School, Greenbelt, MD
- Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, Baltimore, MD
- Towson High School, Towson, MD
- Howard High School, Ellicott City, MD
- North Point High School for Science, Technology and Industry, Waldorf, MD
For more information on Giant’s community initiatives, visit https://giantfood.com/live-well/community/giving-back/.
About Giant Food, LLC
Giant Food, LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 169 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 169 stores are 160 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc.
For more information on Giant visit www.giantfood.com.
Source: Giant Food