Holiday guests will find new and expanded digital tools for convenient shopping, top gifts and entertaining items, and ways to save throughout the season
MINNEAPOLIS, 2015-10-30 — /EPR Retail News/ — Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) today announced it will give guests a more convenient shopping experience this holiday season through new and expanded digital tools and resources, including free shipping and returns at Target.com, and new international shipping options. Target’s holiday shoppers also will find top gifts and décor, ways to save throughout the season, and a marketing campaign, The Holiday Odyssey, that will tell the tale of a larger-than-life holiday journey.
“Target is starting the season with momentum in our business, anchored by increased store traffic and strength in our signature categories of baby, kids, style and wellness. The work we’ve done throughout the past year puts us in a position to deliver the convenient services and differentiated product our guests count on from Target, especially during the holidays,” said Brian Cornell, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Target. “I’m confident that guests will find an easy, inspiring, and most importantly, seamless experience at Target no matter how they choose to shop.”
New and Enhanced Digital Tools and Resources
Target continues to enhance and introduce new digital tools and resources to make shopping more convenient.
- Beginning Nov. 1 through Dec. 25, Target will bring back free shipping and returns, making it easy for guests to shop online.
- New this holiday season, Target will offer international shopping and shipping to more than 200 countries and territories. In partnership with Borderfree, Target.com will offer guests the ability to pay in almost 60 different currencies and have their orders shipped to themselves or to family and friends who live outside the U.S.
- Next week, Curbside pickup service will expand from 21 to 121 Target stores. The offering, which allows guests to complete their “Target run” without ever leaving the car, will now be in all Philadelphia and San Francisco Bay area stores, and in select stores in the New York-New Jersey and Chicago areas.
- Beginning next week, Target is expanding Instacart, the popular on-demand grocery delivery service from Minneapolis, where it was first piloted, to San Francisco. Guests can visit Instacart.com or the Instacart app to shop Target for select groceries, household, health and beauty, pet and baby products and receive the order in less than two hours.
- Kids and families will find new and more engaging functionality on the Target Kids’ Wish List app, including kid-friendly browse, search and scan abilities, as well as easier ways for parents to manage and share lists. Kids can send a letter to Santa, who will send a response in the app, and play the new Snow-N-Roll game within the experience.
Target’s Holiday Odyssey
This year, Target will introduce The Holiday Odyssey, a season-long tale at the heart of the retailer’s holiday marketing campaign. It all starts with a digital storybook—narrated by Neil Patrick Harris, star of the stage and screen—and will come to life with moving pictures and digital interactions for families to enjoy together. Available for free at Target.com/adventure beginning Nov. 4, the story unfolds with three kids and the Target mascot, Bullseye, embarking on a holiday quest. A cast of characters from LEGO, Minions, Ninja Turtles, and more, join in on the holiday journey that conveys the wonder and inspiration of the season. Key moments from the story will be reflected in Target stores beginning Nov. 1, and via advertising, including 12 broadcast spots, beginning Nov. 4.
On Dec. 7, Target will unveil Target Wonderland, a 16,000 square foot retail spectacle in New York’s Meatpacking District. Free and open to the public beginning Dec. 9, Target Wonderland will be a playful and kinetic environment meant to captivate adults and kids alike by bringing elements of The Holiday Odyssey to life, such as the “S.S. Free Shipping” LEGO ship from the broadcast ads. The experience will include digitally-driven shopping, giving guests a peek at the future of retail, imagined by Target.
Ways to Save and Top Products
In addition to a number of deep discounts each week, guests will find many ways to save all season long.
- Throughout the holidays, Cartwheel will have more than 1,000 new deals with more than 350 deals at 25 percent off or more. Also, Cartwheel will again offer 50 percent off a different toy every day from Nov. 1 through Dec. 24.
- Target’s recently expanded Price Match Policy will be extended for the holiday season beyond the typical 14-day window. If a guest purchases a qualifying item at Target between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24, and then finds it for less at Target or Target.com, a local competitor’s printed ad or at select online retailers, Target will match that price. For more details, including terms and conditions, visit Target.com/morereasons.
- As always, REDcard holders receive five percent off nearly all purchases, free shipping on Target.com, and an extra 30 days for returns. Target’s REDcard is available in both debit and credit with no annual fee.
Target has everything guests need for gift giving, decorating, entertaining, and dressing the entire family in style this holiday season including:
- More than 450 Star Wars products including the Target exclusive BB-8 Droid.
- Top toys, including STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) toys from Meccano andVex.
- Electronics gifts for all ages including an expanded assortment of drones, a full range of Apple watches, popular video games and top Toys to Life brands like LEGO Dimensions, Disney Infinity, Skylanders and Amiibo.
- UNICEF Kid Power Band, the world’s first “wearable-for-good ™.” The band encourages kids to get active and help save the lives of kids in need around the world.
- Exclusive Threshold home décor and entertaining items featuring artisan details, real marble and wood, and a new collection of Nate Berkus at Target home décor.
- Exclusive line of chic giftwrap and accessories from L.A. based stationer, Sugar Paper, to inspire and help guests pull together beautifully packaged gifts.
- American-made giftables from storied Minnesota-based Faribault Woolen Mills, including throws, blankets, pillows, scarves and ponchos.
- Stylish apparel and accessories for the entire family featuring key seasonal trends like shimmer, shine, cozy layers and faux fur.
- The Little Prince nursery collection, celebrating the timeless story through a giftable assortment of nursery and décor items.
- Affordable beauty products, including limited-edition brushes from Sonia Kashuk, gift sets from PIXI by Petra, and exclusive bath and body products from brands like Bubble and Charm, Savannah Bee and more.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,805 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit Target.com/abullseyeview or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.
SOURCE: Target Brands, Inc.