GRAPEVINE, TX, 2016-Aug-31 — /EPR Retail News/ — GameStop, a family of specialty retail brands that makes the most popular technologies affordable and simple, revealed today the list of celebrities and special guests attending the GameStop EXPO 2016. Fans attending the GameStop event on Wednesday, September 14, at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California, are sure to have an unforgettable experience participating in a Tekken 7 tournament, taking photos and getting autographs from any of the professional athletes, celebrities, and gaming industry icons attending the show.
The following celebrities and special guests will be attending this year’s GameStop EXPO:
- Check out the biggest releases coming this fall and meet WWE Superstars The Miz and Maryse along with an NBA player at the 2K booth.
- Swing by the GameStop NASCAR & Dusenberry Martin Racing booth to meet the driver of the number 20 GameStop Toyota, Erik Jones. While at the booth, play the upcoming game NASCAR Heat Evolution while competing to win a copy of the game, or have a chance to win a Hisense 4K 50 inch H8 Series Smart TV, an ARRIS SURFboard router with RipCurrent, a Wi-Fi hotspot, and a wired extender.
- McFarlane Toys founder and Legendary Spawn artist, Todd McFarlane will be in the McFarlane Toys booth signing autographs from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.While waiting in line, fans can be among the first to see action figures and construction sets from Five Nights at Freddy’s, Titanfall, Gears of War, AMC’sThe Walking Dead and more.
- Andy McNamara and a selection of Game Informer editors will be in the house and signing autographs. EXPO attendees are invited to swing by the Game Informer section of the PowerUp® Rewards booth, have a chat with the editors and grab a free collector’s edition poster.
In addition to playing upcoming games and meeting special guests, show attendees will be able to compete in a Tekken 7 tournament with chances to win some great prizes from the $3,000 cash pool. All tournament participants will also receive a Tekken 7 Nina t-shirt. Tournament information is available at www.GameStop.com/EXPO:
- Register for the tournament (no entry fee) at booth #949: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Compete in the tournament: 12:00 p.m. – 3:40 p.m.
- Compete or watch the top 8 rounds 3:40 p.m.
- Watch the championship round: 4:30 p.m.
- Watch the awards ceremony at the awards stage: 5:00 p.m.
Registration for GameStop EXPO 2016 is now open, with options including:
- General admission passes for $40*
- A limited number of VIP** passes for $110, which includes:
- Early access to the show floor
- VIP lounge access to recharge your body and devices
- Exclusive swag bag of gaming goodies
- Student passes for $20, available on-site only starting at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday
Tickets can be purchased using PowerUp Rewards™ points or by credit card online at www.GameStop.com/EXPO and at your local GameStop store. To learn more about GameStop EXPO, details on the VIP experience, and to register for the show, visit www.GameStop.com/EXPO.
* Attendees must be 17 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult. Some activities or games may feature mature content. Exhibitors reserve the right to censor content for guests under the age of 17 even when a consenting parent or guardian is present.
** Adults who purchase VIP tickets do NOT have to purchase a VIP ticket for their children under the age of 17. Purchase a general admission ticket for your child and he/she will be allowed to accompany you to all VIP events. With this option General Admission children will not receive VIP swag bag.
GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, is a global, multichannel video game, consumer electronics and wireless services retailer. GameStop operates more than 7,500 stores across 14 countries. The company’s consumer product network also includes www.gamestop.com; www.Kongregate.com, a leading browser-based game site; Game Informer® magazine, the world’s leading print and digital video game publication; and ThinkGeek, www.thinkgeek.com, the premier retailer for the global geek community featuring exclusive and unique video game and pop culture products. In addition, our Technology Brands segment includes Simply Mac and Spring Mobile stores. Simply Mac, www.simplymac.com, operates 72 stores, selling the full line of Apple products, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones and offering Apple certified warranty and repair services. Spring Mobile, www.springmobile.com, sells all of AT&T’s products and services, including DIRECTV through its 1,424 AT&T branded stores and offers pre-paid wireless services, devices and related accessories through its 70 Cricket branded stores in select markets in the U.S.
GameStop – Public Relations
Source: GameStop Corporation