CHIPPEWA FALLS, WISC, 2016-Jul-09 — /EPR Retail News/ — Gordy’s Market is thrilled to announce the Grand Opening Celebrations for its newest stores in Eau Claire, Barron, Hayward, Stanley, and Whitehall starting this Saturday, July 9.
Established on the Southside of Chippewa Falls in 1966 by Gordy and Donna Schafer, Gordy’s Market locally owns and operates 26 stores. Gordy’s opened its store on the Westside of Eau Claire, as well as in Barron and Whitehall at the end of February 2016. Gordy’s Stanley opened shortly after in April 2016, with their newest store in Hayward, WI, opening in May 2016.
Founded on the values of providing local families with quality products at affordable prices while paying high attention to friendly service, Gordy’s continues to offer its local communities these long standing traditions. A family owned and operated tradition spanning over 3 generations, the grocery business has been a passion ofthe Schafer Family for 50 years.
The Schafer Family bought their first store from the Schulz Brothers and Gordy gives credit to John Schulz who was a sausage maker with the Schulz Brothers business who stayed on with Gordy’s when they opened in 1966. “John Schulz got us started on the sausage making operation, which has grown to be a major part of our business today,” Gordy explains.
Gordy’s Market remains one of the longest locally owned and operated grocery stores in the Chippewa Valley. Though a great deal has changed and evolved over the past 50 years, two things remain the same, their focus on community and service.
The Grand Opening Kick Off Celebrations Will Include:
- Saturday, July 9: Starting at 8am, all stores will be handing out Golden Tickets offering a $0.50 Gas Rewards! Coupon to the First 50 Customers
- Tuesday, July 12: Gordy’s Grand Opening Lunch Deal for $2, which includes a corn dog, bag of chips and can of soda from Gordy’s Deli
- Tuesday, July 19: Gordy’s Grand Opening Lunch Deal for $2, which includes a corn dog, bag of chips and can of soda from Gordy’s Deli
- Gordy’s will be hosting a giveaway for $50 Gordy’s Market gift cards. Customers will be able to register to win beginning Saturday, July 9 through Friday, July 23. Each store will be randomly selecting 2 different winners for a $50 Gordy’s Market gift card.
- Gordy’s has partnered with Land O’Frost for 5 daily digital giveaways on Gordy’s Facebook page (facebook.com/gordysmarket), beginning Monday, July 11 and running through Friday, July 15. Giveaway items include: Coleman Cooler, Google Viewfinder, Coleman Bean Bag Toss Set, Green Bay Packers Fat Head and 1 Year worth of Land O’Frost Premium Luncheon Meats
An important aspect of Gordy’s Grand Opening celebrations will be the ribbon cuttings hosted at each of the 5 newest stores. Each ribbon cutting event will include outdoor activities, including a bean bag and soda ring toss, and sidewalk chalk, as well as music and an exclusive coupon that will only be handed out during these ribbon cuttings. Below are the dates and times for these events:
- Monday, July 11: Gordy’s Market Hayward Ribbon Cutting at 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 12: Gordy’s Market Stanley Ribbon Cutting at 12:00 pm
- Thursday, July 14: Gordy’s Market Barron Ribbon Cutting at 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 19: Gordy’s Market Eau Claire West Ribbon Cutting at 12:00 pm
- Thursday, July 21: Gordy’s Market Whitehall Ribbon Cutting at 12:00 pm
We look forward to seeing you at Gordy’s Market to celebrate our newest stores in Eau Claire, Barron, Hayward, Stanley and Whitehall!
- Gordy’s Market announces Grand Opening Celebrations for its newest stores starting this Saturday, July 9
Source: Gordy’s Market