LONDON, 2016-1-12 — /EPR Retail News/ — To keep up with changing customer tastes, JFKIAT – the management company which operates Terminal 4 at John F. Kennedy International Airport – has made significant upgrades to its food and beverage program in 2015. Eight new restaurants came to the terminal this past year, all managed by SSP America, the exclusive food and beverage purveyor of Terminal 4.
The wide variety of offerings include everything from “grab-and-go” sandwiches and snacks to coffee shops, popular branded eateries and top-rated, full-service restaurants and bars, all catering to a diverse passenger mix reflective of New York City.
“Terminal 4 makes every effort to provide the best travel experience by offering a unique variety of some of the best food and beverage establishments,” said Gert-Jan de Graaff, President and CEO of JFKIAT. “We are grateful to work with SSP America and their food and beverage partners, who offer the best names and products in the world right here at JFK’s Terminal 4.”
“SSP America understands that Terminal 4’s passenger base anticipates quality and a taste of home, and our team is proud to deliver on that expectation,” said Michael Svagdis, President and CEO of SSP America. “We are excited to continue our partnership with JFKIAT to further expand the incredible portfolio of food and beverage establishments in the terminal.”
Among those who joined Terminal 4 are:
• Bento Sushi, Manhattan’s number one pick for high-quality grab-and-go sushi and Japanese entrees, offering everything from the traditional California Roll to full meal solutions like Donburi Rice Bowls and Bento Boxes.
• Camden Food Express, the “En-route Sandwich Retailer of the Year,” serves up a selection of healthy choices ranging from a Hummus Crunch Vegetable Wrap to the gluten-free brownie.
• Canal St. Noodle House, a quintessential Southeast Asian market created exclusively for Terminal 4, offers customized noodle bowls and Vietnamese-style sandwiches made from fresh ingredients daily. Travelers can choose from chicken, duck or tofu, and top their order with a selection of globally appealing vegetables including bok choy, edamame and Thai basil.
• Dunkin Donuts Express provides a wide variety of traveler’s favorite hot and iced coffees and baked goods.
• Flatiron Coffee, a contemporary coffee shop located in the retail lounge that features an assortment of coffee choices sourced locally from Irving Farms and pastries provided by Eli Zabar, New York’s First Family of Food member and a true artisanal bakery. The baked goods make for a stunning visual presentation and customers can purchase croissants, donuts, freshly baked sourdough-based breads, rolls, bagels, crisps and thins.
• Jamba Juice offers better-for-you food and beverages, including great tasting fruit smoothies, fresh squeezed juices, energy bowls, oatmeal, sandwiches, and a variety of baked goods and snacks.
• Pizza Vino, a modern pizzeria that features fresh out-of-the-oven artisanal pizzas and a hand-picked, premium wine selection, reopened this year after undergoing an expansion which included the addition of a full-service bar.
• Urban Crave is home to authentic street cuisine served in a storefront featuring vintage decor complete with warehouse bricks, beautifully reclaimed hardwood floors and a kitchen centered below a copper grill hood.
In 2016, JFKIAT and SSP America will continue to work together to create an unparalleled selection of offerings in Terminal 4 and will bring even more food and beverage options to the terminal. NY Street Foods, among others, are set to open later this year.
If you have a press enquiry, please call Clare Williams at Templemere Public Relations on +44 (0) 1483 243 546 or email@example.com
SOURCE: SSP Group plc