Inaugural Fashion Week featuring distinct brands and Puerto Rican designers set for March 31–April 3
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, 2016-Mar-22 — /EPR Retail News/ — When The Mall of San Juan first opened its doors on March 26, 2015, thousands of visitors explored a unique mix of shopping and dining options and marveled at the center’s innovative and locally-inspired architectural designs. One year later, the shopping center continues to welcome new retailers, many of which cannot be found anywhere else in the market.
“It’s been an incredible year and The Mall of San Juan continues to impact the island in a positive way,” said José A. Ayala Bonilla, the center’s general manager. “We will continue to build on upon these milestones and enhance our already strong retail lineup throughout the year ahead.”
The Mall of San Juan has more than 80 stores and restaurants in its portfolio, and more than 10 tenants are scheduled to open this year. Among the retailers in the mall’s lineup, over 70 percent are new to the market, including:
- The only Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue in the Caribbean.
- Puerto Rico’s only Anthropologie, lululemon athletica, Pottery Barn, Tommy Bahama, Tory Burch and Williams-Sonoma.
- Fine dining from American Cut Bar & Grill, as well as fast casual options that include Brio Tuscan Grille, Burger & Beer Joint, Il Nuovo Mercato and Kona Grill.Among the extraordinary retailers are several Puerto Rican designers who have debuted their unique collections at The Mall of San Juan.
- Gustavo Arango launched his first ready-to-wear, signature collection of sportswear, suits, dresses and intricately tailored gowns at the mall in September 2015.
- Alexandra Escudero, designer of Bienteveo en el Mar, transforms classic swimwear silhouettes into architectural pieces of art in her versatile collections for men and women.
- Natalia Maldonado Alvarado, creator of Lulú by Natalia, is redefining the way jewelry is worn and the way it’s designed.
- Luis Antonio joined the mall in March 2016 and his modern, cosmopolitan designs made their official debut at last year’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.
“Our brands differentiate the center in a compelling way and the merchandise featured in our diverse retail portfolio speaks to the uniqueness of the island,” said Marnie Marquina, marketing and sponsorship director, The Mall of San Juan. “Over the past year, the center has truly transformed to offer a sought after mix of contemporary fashion and designs inspired by the beauty of the island.”
In celebration of its one-year anniversary, The Mall of San Juan will host its first Fashion Week beginning on Thursday, March 31 through Sunday, April 3 in the center’s Grand Court. The event is open to the public and will showcase talented local, national and global designers (daily times vary).
For more information visit www.themallofsanjuan.com/events.
About The Mall of San Juan
The Mall of San Juan is a world-class shopping, dining and entertainment destination featuring many distinct, unique to market retailers, including the first Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom in the Caribbean. The center is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday. It is located at the south end of the Teodoro Moscoso Bridge, five minutes from the Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport. For more information visit www.themallofsanjuan.com.