RICHMOND, Virginia, 2016-Oct-29 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, selected the city of Murrieta as the location to build the company’s largest multi-purpose facility to date. The location will serve as a reconditioning hub that will feed inventory to several of the company’s stores in southern California. The location will also house CarMax’s first four-lane auction facility on the West Coast and the company anticipates as many as 500 local dealers will attend weekly to bid on wholesale used cars. In addition to production and auctions services, the 35-acre property will have a separate building for selling used cars to the general public with the stress free, no-haggle buying experience CarMax is known for. This location has the capacity to stock up to 400 vehicles at a given time.
CarMax is now hiring more than 250 associates to staff this location, which is the company’s largest hiring effort for one location to date. The store is scheduled to open in February 2017 at 25560 Madison Avenue in Murrieta and applications are now being accepted on the retailer’s website at http://jobs.carmax.com.
The Murrieta location is a continuation of CarMax’s expansion into the state of California. CarMax will open another new Los Angeles area store in Palmdale in February where the company will hire an additional 60 associates. CarMax opened the company’s first San Francisco area store in Pleasanton in May 2016, with two more locations opening in Fremont and Santa Rosa this November, bringing more than 200 jobs to the Bay Area.
With competitive pay and benefits; and a foundation built around integrity, trust and giving back; CarMax has been named one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® 12 consecutive years.
Who is CarMax Hiring?
· CarMax is seeking applicants for full and part-time positions.
· The majority of available positions are in service operations including inventory, service advisors and technicians. There are also available positions for auction services, sales, and business office associates.
· Technicians require previous automotive experience, however most positions do not.
· Many CarMax associates have worked for other major retailers, such as Target, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart and Macy’s.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are only accepted online. Job seekers should apply at http://jobs.carmax.com.
- To see videos with first-hand accounts from CarMax associates, visit youtube.com/carmax.
Why Work at CarMax?
· CarMax is committed to hiring people with strong values of integrity, transparency and respect. We live these values every day and they drive how we treat our associates and our customers.
· CarMax offers unmatched training and support for associate career growth.
· CarMax offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
· Stores are equipped with climate controlled, state-of-the-art service bays with quality equipment, and associates also receive discounts on car purchases and other services.
· CarMax is recognized as one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® (12 consecutive years), 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and 20 Best Workplaces in Retail, as well as one of TRAINING Magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies in America.
CarMax is the nation’s largest retailer of used cars and operates more than 160 stores in 38 states nationwide. CarMax revolutionized the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity car buying experience customers want and deserve. For more than 20 years, CarMax has made car buying more ethical, fair and stress-free by offering a no-haggle, no-hassle experience and an incredible selection of vehicles. CarMax makes selling your car easy too, by offering no-obligation appraisals good for seven days. At CarMax, we’ll buy your car even if you don’t buy ours®. CarMax has more than 22,000 associates nationwide and for 12 consecutive years has been named as one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®. During the 12 months ending February 29, 2016, the company retailed 619,936 used cars and sold 394,437 wholesale vehicles at its in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.