- On June 3, Dunkin’ Donuts will offer guests worldwide a free donut of their choice with the purchase of any beverage
- Brand will also welcome the holiday with special Snapchat geofilters and behind-the-scenes culinary content
CANTON, MA, 2016-Jun-02 — /EPR Retail News/ — One of Dunkin’ Donuts’ favorite holidays is National Donut Day – celebrated this year on Friday, June 3 – and once again the brand will ring in the day in a most delicious, delightful and delectable way, offering guests a free classic donut of their choice* (while supplies last) with the purchase of any beverage. The offer is good all day on June 3 at participating Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants nationwide. Additionally, Dunkin’ Donuts is helping guests across the globe celebrate the joy of donuts by making this special offer available in participating restaurants around the world.
Leading up to National Donut Day, Dunkin’ Donuts is bringing its sweet celebration to its social communities with several days of donut-themed content:
- On Wednesday, June 1, Dunkin’ Donuts will kick off its National Donut Day festivities with a day of Snapchat events, including a donut design and frosting lesson with members of the brand’s culinary team, special donut recipes, donut themed prints for your phone and a chance for fans to ask questions directly to Paul Racicot, Director of R&D at Dunkin’ Brands. Follow ‘dunkindonuts’ on Snapchat to tune in.
- On Thursday, June 2, Dunkin’ Donuts will host a Facebook Live session with Dunkin’ Brands’ Manager of Donut Excellence Rick Golden. Rick will make donuts live – from mixing to glazing and sprinkling – and answer fans’ questions from within the brand’s donut kitchens at its corporate headquarters.
- Finally, on National Donut Day, June 3, Dunkin’ Donuts fans can display their love for donuts with special brand Snapchat filters celebrating the holiday. The National Donut Day themed geofilters are the latest additions to Dunkin’ Donuts’ lineup of seasonally themed filters, and will be available for fans to share with friends and followers all day in or around all Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants nationwide. Also, popular Snapchatters throughout the country will ‘take over’ the brand’s Snapchat channel throughout the day, showcasing how they’re celebrating National Donut Day in their city.
National Donut Day was originally established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to honor women who served donuts to soldiers during World War I. The holiday is traditionally celebrated on the first Friday of June. Dunkin’ Donuts has been serving guests signature donuts for 66 years. Dunkin’ Donuts is the #1 retailer of donuts in America, and sells 2.8 billion donuts and MUNCHKINS® donut hole treats annually worldwide. Within the United States, Dunkin’ Donuts offers more than 70 varieties of donuts, including beloved flavors such as Boston Kreme, Glazed, Chocolate Glazed Cake and Chocolate Frosted. Additionally, some Dunkin’ Donuts restaurants also feature regional favorites like the Sour Cream Donut in Chicago, and the Peanut Stick in upstate New York.
To learn more about Dunkin’ Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts), Instagram (www.instagram.com/DunkinDonuts) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts).
* Excludes Fancies, Squares and Croissant Donuts