SEATTLE, 2014-9-18— /EPR Retail News/ — Through the new Starbucks® app for Android™, customers in the U.S., U.K. and Canada can now experience a streamlined design, including “Shake to Pay,” and easy access to their account and My Starbucks Rewards® information. Additionally, customers can now recognize their barista with a tip from their Android™ or iOS mobile device at more than 7,000 company-operated stores in the U.S.
Digital tipping has long been a top suggestion on MyStarbucksIdea.com, an online community for people to share, vote, discuss and put into action ideas on how to enhance the Starbucks Experience.
With the updated Starbucks® app for Android™, customers can:
- (NEW!) Digitally tip baristas – U.S. Only
- (NEW!) Simplify the payment process using “Shake to Pay”
- Pay for Starbucks purchases right from an Android™ device
- Check or reload a Starbucks Card balance
- Consolidate Starbucks Card balances
- Find stores, directions and access store-specific hours and amenities
- Track Stars and redeem rewards through the My Starbucks Rewards® program
The Starbucks® app for Android™ is free and available for download at Google Play
To learn more about the Starbucks® app for Android™ visit http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/mobile-apps.
For more information on this news release, contact us.