Retailer Recognizes Top Product Innovations, Echo 58V Outdoor Power Equipment Wins Top Honor
ATLANTA, 2015-9-30 — /EPR Retail News/ — The Home Depot®, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, today announced that TTI Homelite / Echo won the retailer’s 2015 Innovation Award for its Echo 58-volt line of outdoor power equipment. The annual award recognizes the most revolutionary new products that provide true benefits to consumers and the companies that exceeded expectations in sales, service and program execution. Runner-up honors were awarded toWink, Inc. for its Smart Home Hub and American Standard for its Optum VorMax Tall Height Elongated Toilet. Additionally, Solar City won Environmental Partner of the Year for its Residential Solar and Liberty Hardware won Marketing Innovation for its Monthly DIY Project Posts, Content & Social Campaign.
“The Home Depot’s goal is to offer customers the most innovative, groundbreaking products that will help them improve their homes while saving them time and money,” said Ted Decker, executive vice president, Merchandising for The Home Depot. “Our merchants consistently work with our manufacturing partners to develop pioneering products that differentiate TheHome Depot and attract customers.”
A groundbreaking line of cordless outdoor portable power equipment came to market in 2015 with the launch of Echo 58-volt. This professional-grade system uses a 58-volt battery platform to operate five outdoor tools, combining the power of gas and the convenience of cordless. The system carries one of the industry’s most powerful lithium-ion battery packs and a competitive charge time. Each unit comes equipped with a brushless motor customized for that particular tool. The tools feature a 90-day, money-back guarantee and a five-year consumer warrantee. The line includes a string trimmer, hedge trimmer, blower, mower and chain saw.
In addition to the top three award winners, The Home Depot recognized the companies that round out the top 10 product innovations:
Milwaukee Tool FUEL Bare Tools
- Milwaukee Tool is an industry-leading manufacturer of heavy-duty power tools, accessories and hand tools for professional users worldwide. Since the company began in 1924, Milwaukee Tool has led the industry in both durability and performance.
ITW Paslode Pneumatic Fastening Gun
- Paslode is a premier manufacturer of innovative fastening solutions and services. For more than 75 years, professional tradesmen serving the residential construction market have relied on Paslode products to drive worksite efficiency, customer satisfaction and business results.
ETi Solid State Lighting Linkable LED Shop Light
- This LED Linkable Shop Light fixture is perfect for any application where high quality LED lighting is required for a workspace. It’s the perfect solution for upgrading from older fluorescent fixtures to new LED Linkable technology.
Toro Custom Z-Builder
- Build the perfect TimeCutter® with the Toro® Custom Z-Builder™. Design a Z by choosing the steering, platform, deck, engine, seat and many more custom options – hand delivered, set up and ready to go.
Broan NuTone EZ Fit Bath Fan
- The NuTone EZ80N EZ Fit Ventilation Fan can easily be installed from the room side with no attic access required by installing the four tightening clamps that twist to secure the housing directly to ceiling material. Alternatively, it can be installed by attaching the housing directly to ceiling joists or trusses.
JELD-WEN Architectural Fiberglass Door
- The JELD-WEN Architectural Collection provides strikingly realistic wood grains for eye-catching results. Exclusive fiberglass technology reserved only for this collection delivers a combination of rich stain-ability, energy performance, protection and durability with each architecturally inspired design.
- LG’s side-by-side refrigerators provide customizable capacity for even more ways to use your space. With adjustable, slide-out shelving, gallon-size door bins and multiple drawers, LG’s side-by-side refrigerators give you incredible organization, so you can find just what you need in a snap.
For more information about products that won, visit www.homedepot.com
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement specialty retailer, with 2,270 retail stores in all 50 states, theDistrict of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, 10 Canadian provinces and Mexico. In fiscal 2014, The Home Depot had sales of $83.2 billion and earnings of $6.3 billion. The Company employs more than 370,000 associates. TheHome Depot’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor’s 500 index.
SOURCE The Home Depot
Kathryn Emery, The Home Depot, (949) 887-2268, firstname.lastname@example.org