- Small businesses and entrepreneurs take advantage of Prime Day to reach new customers, launch new products and increase sales
- Small businesses and entrepreneurs use Prime Day to reach new customers, launch new products and increase sales
- Customers ordered more than 20 million items from small businesses and entrepreneurs on Prime Day last year
SEATTLE, 2017-Jul-08 — /EPR Retail News/ — Small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon are preparing for a record-breaking sales day on Prime Day, with tens of millions of Prime members expected to shop the best deals of the year. Small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon will take advantage of increased traffic on Prime Day to reach new customers, launch new products and increase sales. Last year on Prime Day, small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon saw orders nearly triple year-over-year as customers ordered more than 20 million items from small businesses and entrepreneurs across more than 50 categories.
“Small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon from around the world are coming together for the best Prime Day ever, offering Prime members deals on tens of thousands of unique products,” said Peter Faricy, Vice President, Amazon Marketplace. “Prime Day gives small businesses and entrepreneurs on Amazon an opportunity to increase sales and reach new customers. Small businesses and entrepreneurs are increasingly using Prime Day as their proving ground for new and existing products.”
This year, more small businesses and entrepreneurs than ever will participate in Prime Day, offering tens of thousands of deals as they look to increase summer sales and reach new customers. Small businesses and entrepreneurs will offer 50 percent more Prime Day Lightning Deals than last year and more than 40 percent of all Prime Day Lightning Deals will come from small businesses and entrepreneurs.
What are small businesses and entrepreneurs saying about Prime Day?
- “Prime Day gives us a huge lift in sales during a notoriously slow time of year. Last year, we did 20 times what we do on a typical July day on Prime Day,” said Matt Altshul, Silk
- “Last year’s Prime Day was exactly the lift we needed to continue building our handmade business. We’re looking forward to an even bigger Prime Day this year,” said Tyler & Courtney LeCompte, Confetti Momma
- “Prime Day is especially impactful for small businesses on Amazon as we benefit from the increased traffic and sales. I wish every day could be Prime Day,” said Kristin Rae, Inspire International
- “Prime Day is a unique opportunity for us to showcase our product and reach out to more buyers. We’re going all in this year with more inventory and deals than ever before,” said Ercan Erciyes, Monument Labs, makers of the AI-powered smart photo storage device
- “Amazon helped us introduce Chirps Chips to the world. Every small business should be selling on Amazon and taking advantage of Prime Day,” said Laura D’Asaro, Chirps Chips
- “Prime Day provides young brands like ours the opportunity to reach new customers and gain greater exposure through deals and increased traffic,” said Caron Proschan, Simply Gum
- “Prime Day last year was tremendous. We did 20 times our normal daily sales, it was simply amazing,” said Lawrence Bibi, Light Accents
Today, half of the items sold on Amazon worldwide are from small businesses and entrepreneurs, many of whom choose to use Fulfillment by Amazon to make their items Prime eligible. Small businesses and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon come from every state in the U.S., and from more than 130 different countries around the world. Amazon began inviting small businesses and entrepreneurs to sell on Amazon to increase selection and ensure customers could find and discover anything they wanted to buy online. Businesses interested in Selling on Amazon can visit us for more details at http://services.amazon.com.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.