- Sainsbury’s identifies the biggest foodie trend this autumn – perfectly seared steak adorned with edible gold leaf!
Pair new restaurant quality steak and opulent edible gold leaf to achieve the most ‘Insta-worthy’ date night, in the comfort of your own home
London, 2017-Oct-05 — /EPR Retail News/ — Steak night will never be the same again! Sainsbury’s identifies the biggest foodie trend heading across the Atlantic this autumn – perfectly seared steak adorned with edible gold leaf. First seen on the plates of Silicon Valley’s biggest hotshots, the gold leaf is applied liberally to quality cuts of meat, creating a uniquely luxurious and ‘Insta-worthy’ dish. The ultimate indulgence!
It is no secret that food is the new social currency, with top quality meat taking centre stage as demonstrated by the likes of @Nusr_et’s 9 million-strong social following – there are now nearly 7.5 million posts of #steak on Instagram and over 165,000 of #steaknight alone. As restaurant trends trickle into our every-day eating and the nights draw in, customers are craving the opportunity to recreate these delicious moments at home.
Sainsbury’s is meeting this demand through the introduction of its new steakhouse-inspired cuts, now available in stores and online. Paired with Taste the Difference Edible Gold Leaf 23 CT, you can now wow your significant other by creating this lavish new trend.
The new restaurant cuts in the Sainsbury’s range are:
- Taste the Difference British Bone in Ribeye Steak (price/kg: £22.00/kg) – serves two, matured for 30 days and best cooked medium
- Taste the Difference British Bone in Sirloin Steak (price/kg: £20.00/kg) – serves two, matured for 30 days and best cooked medium rare
- Taste the Difference British Picanha Steak (£5.00) – serves one, this tender cut popular in Brazil is matured for 30 days and best cooked medium rare
- by Sainsbury’s Flat Iron Steak (£3.50) – serves one, matured for 21 days and best cooked medium rare
How to get the gold rush at home:
- Rub the steak all over with a glug of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Add the steak to a hot pan, then cook for six minutes for medium-rare, or to your liking, turning every minute (adjust timings depending on your chosen cut)
- A minute from the end of cooking, add a knob of butter one minute from the end of cooking and baste the steak
- Leave to rest for at least 10 minutes in a warm place
- Apply the gold leaf to the top surface liberally – tweezers are recommend
- Serve immediately with your choice of classic sides, such as sweet potato fries and roasted vine tomatoes
- Don’t forget to set up the perfect Instagram shot and share your masterpiece using #goldstarsteak – no filter required!
Rebecca Deeley, Product Developer at Sainsbury’s comments: “We know that a steak dinner is now much more of an occasion, and many of our customers are seeking inspiration from restaurants for on-trend cuts and accompaniments to try something new. Applying our edible gold leaf over a perfectly seared and succulent steak can quickly transform a classic evening meal into something truly sensational!”
To find out more about Sainsbury’s variety of meats visit us at www.sainsburys.co.uk. Taste the Difference Edible Gold Leaf 23CT is available here.