CHICAGO, 2016-Aug-31 — /EPR Retail News/ — On Sat., Aug. 27th, Kmart unveiled a revitalized and refreshed store at the grand re-opening of the iconic retailer’s store in Des Plaines, Ill. The refreshed store is part of an ongoing strategic marketing and rebranding initiative to provide enhanced, new and exclusive offerings to long-standing and loyal members, as well as a new Millennial Kmart audience.
“Awesome” highlights of the Des Plaines store that members experienced first-hand on Saturday included:
- “Happy to Help” Center – an improved customer service center designed to better meet the needs of every customer, including a kid’s shop where they can get toys, candy and more with their parent’s Shop Your Way points – no money required!
- The launch of the Kmart new Brand Guarantee – every member is guaranteed a minimum of$100 in coupons in their app. Every single day.
- Shoparazzi – a free personal concierge service that when provided a member’s list, will do the shopping for you. And if Kmart doesn’t carry the product, they will find it at another store and it will be waiting for you at checkout.
- Our “Super 6” shop featuring six outrageously priced items and a fully stocked grocery section packed with local, fresh produce, all backed by Kmart’s “It’s FRESH or it’s FREE” guarantee.*
- A brand new beauty bar – stocked with well-known beauty brands and experts readily available to provide hair and skincare advice.
- “Aisle of WOW!,” – a special section of the store dedicated to low-priced items, limited-time only ‘Real Deals’ and “Dollarpalooza” offering a wide selection of items, all priced at $1.
- Upgraded pharmacy – staffed with a wellness consultant to provide health advice and product recommendations.
- Enhanced brand apparel shops – popular Kmart brands you already know and love, including Joe Boxer®, Jaclyn Smith® and Attention®.
- A “sweet” candy section – showcasing local Chicago brands such as Ferrara®, Trolli®, Fannie May® and Pez®.
- Expanded pet care center – offering premium dog and cat food brands., tantalizing toys and treats for your pets, and fashionable accessories.
- Full-service paint shop – featuring over 1,500 colors.
- Enhanced aesthetics – including new signage and wider aisles designed to make shopping easier and more engaging.
Kelly Cook, Kmart’s chief marketing officer, said “In an effort to evolve the Kmart brand to better serve our members, we will continue these efforts to test and learn at our stores. Our goal is to deliver the best value, price, product and experience, and in doing so, we believe our members will keep coming back for more of A Whole Lotta Awesome!”
*100% Guaranteed Fresh. If you find the product you purchased is not fresh, return product along with original receipt within three days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Applies to bakery, dairy, meat, and produce departments only. Available only at select Kmart stores.
Kmart is making shopping fun again. The retailer, a subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is bringing back the iconic Bluelight Specials, hosting Freebie Saturdays and in-store family events for its Shop Your Way members and customers. Kmart offers customers thrilling deals and amazing finds on quality products and exclusive brands including Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense.