Minneapolis, MN, 2015-10-26 — /EPR Retail News/ — When it comes to Holiday gifts to give and receive, tech products are high on the list.
Best Buy commissioned a national study to see what shoppers are looking for, and the results show that tablets lead a diverse group that also includes HDTVs, wearables and wireless speakers.
The top of the Top 15? The iPad. Here’s the full list:
Top 15 tech gifts for 2015
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Samsung 48” Smart 4K Ultra HD TV
- Sharp 43” Smart HDTV with Roku
- Microsoft Surface
- Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II
- Fitbit Charge HR Heart Rate and Activity Tracker
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- Dyson V6 Absolute Bagless Cordless Vacuum
- Vizio 43” Smart 4K Ultra HD TV
- Apple Watch
- SONOS PLAY:1 Wireless Speaker
- iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaning Robot
- GoPro HERO4 Action Camera
The Best Buy study also uncovered the following holiday shopping trends:
- Millennials rank CE No. 1. The study found that millennials (ages 18 – 34) put consumer electronics firmly at the top of their preferred gift lists – both for giving and receiving.
- More men than women prefer to give and receive tech gifts. Three times as many men (27.9 percent) as women (9.7 percent) want to receive consumer electronics for gifts. And twice as many men (29.6 percent) as women (16.5 percent) prefer to give tech gifts.
- Deals drive self-gifting. Nearly 85 percent of consumers take advantage of sales or price discounts during the holiday season to make additional non-gift purchases for themselves or their families.
SOURCE: Best Buy