Fnac announces the launch of FnacPLAY, its video-on-demand service, in partnership with VOD Factory. This service will offer films and TV series from all of the major studios for rental or purchase with the help of Fnac’s expert recommendations.
Ivry-sur-Seine, FRANCE, 2015-10-29 — /EPR Retail News/ — Groupe Fnac, the top seller of physical format video on the French market, is expanding its offerings with the launch of FnacPLAY, its video-on-demand service developed in partnership with VOD Factory, the leading independent VoD company in France.
Building on its presence in the eBook and music streaming markets, Fnac continues to pursue its multichannel strategy and add to its digital cultural offerings. The brand is strengthening its presence throughout the video distribution chain while continuing its commitment to disseminating cultural works to the widest possible audience. Fnac customers will now have easy and permanent access to quality video content on all existing channels for rental or purchase.
FnacPLAY concentrates the best features of VOD and the highest level of quality service:
- Films available four months after their theatrical release
- …on all screens: PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android), and TVs with Chromecast
- 2 options: o Rental: €2.99 including VAT to €4.99 including VAT for new releases; HD version: +€1 o Purchase in digital format: from €10.99 including VAT to €16.99 including VAT for movies, from €29.99 including VAT to €34.99 including VAT for entire seasons of series (up to 24 episodes)
- Rented or purchased videos can be downloaded on the device of the user’s choice and be viewed offline
- A diverse catalog of thousands of movies from all of the major studios, from blockbusters to major French and foreign classics, independent films, films for children, and much more
- The best current series 24 hours after the US broadcast (available in late October)
- Immediate access with a Fnac.com account
- A simple interface tied to the fnac.com account with browsing by genre and selection by actor / director
- Thematic selections, viewer opinions, and Fnac expert favorites
- Coming soon: personalized recommendations based on FnacPLAY and fnac.com browsing and purchase histories.
With FnacPLAY, Fnac wants to offer its customers a unique and diverse video selection that combines the best of its digital and physical distribution, such as digital copies included in DVD boxes, pre-embedded videos in certain technical products (tablets, Chromecast keys), FnacPLAY gift cards and prepaid series cards (episodes 24 hours after the broadcast in the US), and special offers for members.
About the Groupe Fnac – www.groupe-fnac.com: The Groupe Fnac is a retailer of entertainment and leisure products and consumer electronics. A leader in France and major player in the countries where it operates (Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Belgium, Switzerland, Morocco), the Groupe Fnac had a multi-format network of 189 stores (including 115 in France) at the end of 2014, plus e-commerce sites, including Fnac.com, ranked France’s third most visited e-commerce site (more than 10 million unique visitors/month). A standard-setting omni-channel retailer, the Groupe Fnac posted consolidated revenue of €3.895 billion in 2014 and employs more than 14,500 people.
ABOUT VOD FACTORY
VOD Factory is the leading independent VoD company in France. VOD Factory develops ready-to-use customized multi-screen VoD and SVoD solutions to its clients, from catalog clearing to content marketing and dedicated platform development. With a catalog of 17,000 titles acquired from more than 70 content providers, including all major US studios, VOD Factory provides a facilitated access to 100% of the top 100 box office movies. Founded in 2013, VOD Factory is ranked 3rd among the “Top 100 French start-ups list” published in September 2015 by L’Express/L’Entreprise. www.vodfactory.com
Laurent Glépin: +33 (0)1 55 21 54 13 – firstname.lastname@example.org Alexandre André: +33 (0)1 55 21 54 46 – email@example.com