New Schedule, New Hours, New Floor Plan
NEW YORK, 2014-5-5 — /EPR Retail News/ — RECon, the global retail real estate convention, hosted by the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), will provide networking, deal making, and educational opportunities for shopping center professionals from across the globe. The convention runs from May 18-20, 2014 and takes place all under one roof in the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, Nevada. The full event schedule, attendee list, exhibitor list, and how to register are all available via the RECon 2014 website; but here is what you need to know before the show!
- The show will encompass all three halls of the LVCC (North, Central, and South), topping 1 million square feet of space.
- Nearly 1,100 companies will be exhibiting at RECon 2014
- Attendance is running ahead of last year and is expected to surpass 33,000 people.
- RECon provides over 25 educational sessions on key industry topics.
- This year’s keynote speakers: Brad Meltzer, host, HISTORY Channel, Brad Meltzer’s Decoded, and New York Times best-selling author; Biz Stone, co-founder, Twitter; Michael T. Duke, chairman of the executive committee of the board, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.; Jean Chatzky, financial editor, NBC’s Today, and New York Times best-selling author.
- The Marketplace Mall features over 300 exhibitors showcasing the latest products and services for commercial properties.
- New show start and end days: Sunday – Tuesday
- New hours: Leasing Mall open Sunday 12pm – 5pm and Monday & Tuesday from 8am – 5pm (Pacific Time). Marketplace Mall open Sunday 10am – 5pm and Monday & Tuesday 8am – 5pm (Pacific Time).
- New show floor format: the Lower Level of South Hall will now be in the North Hall.
Much like the digital landscape, RECon too is evolving rapidly. For 2014 ICSC partnered with Coca-Cola to bring some happiness and knowledge to the show floor with the ICSC Coca-Cola Happiness Lounge. This venue is where digital, mobile and social platforms will be transformed into unified online marketing strategies (and where attendees can be transformed from tired and stressed – to rested and happy!). The Lounge will be located at 19th Ave. and K Street in the Central Hall.
ICSC has also partnered with Coca-Cola to create the #MyStepsCount Challenge via the My Steps Count app. With RECon being over 1 million square feet, there will be plenty of steps to count and prizes will be awarded to the attendees that rack up the most. Make sure to download the app starting May 17.
New this year, the MAXI Awards will be part of RECon 2014. The MAXI Awards honor innovative events, programs, campaigns and technology that are vital to shopping center success. They are the premiere marketing awards in the industry, and with their new home at RECon, will provide marketing professionals with the platform to showcase their endeavors to the largest gathering of industry professionals in the world. The awards take place Sunday, May 18, from 6:00-7:30pm Pacific Time.
Another great networking opportunity follows the MAXI Awards – the ICSC RECon Opening Reception. This year’s reception will take place at the Encore Beach Club in the Encore Hotel on Sunday, May 18, from 7:30-9:30pm Pacific Time.
Make sure you join the conversation, follow @ICSC and @ICSC_RECon on Twitter and use #RECon14.
Press registration is complimentary for members of the editorial staff at accredited publications. Please contact Elana Krasner at firstname.lastname@example.org apply for credentials.
Founded in 1957, ICSC is the premier global trade association of the shopping center industry. Its more than 65,000 members in over 100 countries include shopping center owners, developers, managers, marketing specialists, investors, retailers and brokers, as well as academics and public officials. For more information, visit www.icsc.org.