Arlington, VA, 2014-5-14 — /EPR Retail News/ — National Grocers Association (NGA) President and CEO Peter J. Larkin has been appointed to serve on the National Cooperative Bank (NCB) Board of Directors.
NCB, a leading financial services company serving cooperatives nationwide, announced the 2014 Board of Directors at its annual meeting, held on May 8th in Washington, D.C.
Along with Larkin, the Board welcomed two additional new members: Roger Collins, CEO and Chairman of Springdale, Ark.-based Harps Foods and David Swanson, a co-op attorney and partner in the Corporate practice group at Dorsey & Whitney in Minneapolis, Minn.
“We are extremely grateful for Al, Peter and Doug’s contributions and leadership while on the Board and we thank them for their dedication and service,” said Charles E. Snyder, President and CEO of NCB. “We are excited for what the future brings with our three new members as we continue our efforts to find new and innovative ways to expand our reach in the cooperative community.”
The Board benefits from a diverse roster of members, who come from a variety of industries in which cooperatives play an important role.
In addition to Collins, Larkin and Swanson, NCB’s 2014 Board Members are:
• Steve Cunningham, president of S.F. Cunningham, LLC in Vienna, VA;
• Jane Garcia, CEO of La Clinica de La Raza, in Oakland, Calif.;
• Janis Herschkowitz, president and CEO of PRI, Inc. in Cornwall, Penn.;
• Andrea Levere, president of CFED in Washington, DC;
• Martin Lowery, executive vice president at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association in Arlington, Va.;
• Michael Mercer, president and CEO of Georgia Credit Union Affiliates in Duluth, Ga.;
• Ray Moncrief, executive vice president and COO of Kentucky Highland Investment Corporation in London, Ky.;
• Kenneth Rivkin, managing director of Hermes Financial Management and Auction.com in New York, N.Y.;
• Mary Ann Rothman, executive director of The Council of NY Cooperatives and Condominiums in New York, N.Y.;
• Robynn Shrader, CEO of National Cooperative Grocers Association in Iowa City, Iowa;
• Judy Ziewacz, former executive director, State of Wisconsin, Office of Energy Independence in Madison, Wis.
If you need additional information, please contact Laura Strange at 703-516-0700.