Rewards“R”Us® Members Receive Exclusive Opportunity to Beat the Crowds and Shop 100-Plus Items at Black Friday Prices at Toys“R”Us Stores and Toysrus.com Beginning Sunday, November 23
WAYNE, NJ, 2014-11-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — Toys“R”Us® today announced its Thanksgiving Weekend plans to serve up hundreds of hot deals and doorbusters on the season’s most sought-after playthings, totaling more than $8,000 in potential toy savings for holiday shoppers. As Toys“R”Us stores nationwide open at 5pm on Thursday, November 27*, deal-seeking customers can snap up great gifts from top brands, including Disney Frozen, Barbie®, Skylanders,Crayola®, Minecraft and more. As an added bonus for the company’s nearly 19 million loyalty members, Toys“R”Us will provide exclusive, early access to Black Friday deals on more than 100 items beginning Sunday, November 23. Whether customers are looking to save before the Thanksgiving table sets, browse and buy online, or stand in line for all the plaything on their kids’ must-have lists, Toys“R”Us is the one stop toy shoppers can’t afford to miss this Black Friday.
“We’ve been working all year long to bring incredible Black Friday deals on hundreds of toys to our customers,” said Richard Barry, Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer, Toys“R”Us, Inc. “By rewarding our most loyal shoppers with the opportunity to beat the crowds with early access to deals, and introducing ‘Black Friday Made Easy’ initiatives heading into Thanksgiving Weekend, we’re committed to helping gift-givers find the perfect present for the children in their lives.”
Rewards“R”Us Loyalty Members: ’Tis the Season for Extra Savings and More Incentives
This holiday, Toys“R”Us is spreading cheer by offering exclusive benefits, including early access to Black Friday deals, to its most loyal customers. Rewards“R”Us members will receive a special offer, granting them access to Toys“R”Us Black Friday deals on 100-plus items, both in-store and online, beginning Sunday, November 23.
Rewards“R”Us members have the added benefit of accumulating points on their purchases, thus extending their holiday savings, with the ability to apply those points to last-minute Christmas gifts or wait to use the points for Toys“R”Us shopping into the new year.
Throughout November and December, “R”Us Credit Cardholders are eligible to receive 10% off their Toys“R”Us and/or Babies“R”Us purchases when they use their “R”Us Credit Card in-store on Thursdays, including Thanksgiving. Through December 20, existing Cardholders can also save 10% every Saturday when they use their “R”Us Credit Card in-store**. Shoppers who elect to open an account in-store on Saturdays can stack this offer along with our everyday 15%*** off purchases or 6 months special financing offer****, granting shoppers maximum ways to save this holiday season. Those who wish to apply for an “R”Us Credit Card can simply visit any “R”Us store nationwide or Toysrus.com/Rewardsrus.
Night Owls Can Feast on Thanksgiving Weekend Savings Online, Starting Wednesday
Consumers who prefer to make their toy purchases from the comfort of home can shop the majority of the Toys“R”Us Thanksgiving Weekend deals starting at 10pm EST on Wednesday, November 26 at Toysrus.com/BlackFriday.
#BlackFridayMadeEasy at Toys“R”Us
Toys“R”Us stores are dedicated to making Black Friday shopping as easy as possible for consumers. From all-new Toys“R”Us G.P.S. (Guru for Play Stuff) associates ready to provide expert shopping advice on the busiest days of the season, a new Express Lane for gift-givers who have a purchase of two items or less and digital store-specific maps to help shoppers quickly navigate the toy aisles, Toys“R”Us is pulling out all the stops to remove the guesswork and ensure customers will find that perfect gift for the child on their holiday shopping list.
Customers can also join the conversation using the hashtag #BlackFridayMadeEasy and follow Toys“R”Us on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrus and on Instagram at Instagram.com/Toysrus, for regular updates.
For high-resolution photos related to Black Friday, click here.
For company news and updates throughout the season, visit the Toys“R”Us Holiday Press Room.
Following are highlights of the 4-hour doorbusters available at Toys“R”Us stores nationwide beginning Thursday, November 27 from 5pm to 9pm, while supplies last (no rain checks).
- SAVE UP TO $35 on Disney Infinity Starter Packs – Was $59.99-$74.99; Now $39.99
- BOGO 70%ALL Disney Infinity 2.0 Figures
- BOGO 70% ALL Skylanders Trap Team™ Figures and Traps
- UP TO 50% OFF Skylanders Trap Team™ Starter Packs – Was 64.99; Now $37.50
- 50% OFF Polaroid 7-inch Dual Core Tablet – Was $79.99; Now $39.99
- 50% OFF Vtech® InnoTab® 3S Connect – Was $79.99; Now $39.99
- Over 30% OFF Wacky-Tivities™ Kinetic Sand Mega Kit – Was $29.99; Now $19.99
- Over 30% OFF Frozen Jumbo Olaf Plush – Was $29.99; Now $19.99
- 50% OFF EXCLUSIVE Barbie® Sisters’ Horse Adventure Play Set – Was $79.99; Now $39.99
- Over 30% OFF EXCLUSIVE Minecraft Saddle Pack – Was $30.00; Now $20.00
Following are examples of additional savings that will be available beginning Thursday, November 27 at 5pm through Saturday, November 29 at midnight, while supplies last (no rain checks). Those who want to shop online as early as 10pm on Wednesday, November 26, will be delighted to find the majority of the following deals available at Toysrus.com.
- ONLY $10 SPECIALLY MARKED Babies“R”Us® Brand Diapers, Wipes and Laundry Detergent
- BUY 1 GET 1 FOR $1 on Select DVD and Blu-Ray Movies
- BUY 1 GET 1 FOR 40% ALL Video Game Software
- OVER 60% OFF for Crayola® Exclusive Super Art Color Kit and Craft Kit or Fabulous Art Kit – Was $14.99; Now $5.99
- OVER 60% OFF ALL Disney Treasury Books! – Was $14.99; Now $5.99
- ONLY $15 for Leapfrog® Explorer™and LeapPad™ Software – Was $24.99 (available early to Rewards“R”Us members)
- 50% OFF Fisher-Price® Medical Kits – Was $14.99; Now $7.49 (available early to Rewards“R”Us members)
- 50% OFF ALL KRE-O® Items (available early to Rewards“R”Us members)
- SELECT GAMES ONLY $3, $5 and $7
Following are selected deals available on Friday, November 28 from 7am through Saturday, as well as online at Toysrus.com, while supplies last (no rain checks):
- BUY 1 GET 1 FOR 40% OFF ALL Disney Infinity Video Games, Figures, Playsets and Accessories (available early to Rewards“R”Us members)
- BUY 1 GET 1 FOR 40% OFF ALL Skylanders Trap Team™ Figures and Traps (available early to Rewards“R”Us members)
- ONLY $49.99 for Skylanders Trap Team™ Starter Packs – Was $64.99-$74.99; Now $49.99 (available early to Rewards“R”Us members)
- SAVE $20 on Exclusive Disney Frozen Anna’s Frozen Adventure Play Set or Singing and Talking Elsa and Anna 2-pack– Was $49.99; Now $29.99
- 50% OFF Kurio 7S Android Family Tablet – Was $99.99; Now $49.99
- SAVE $10 on Camelio II 7-inch Android Family Tablet + BONUS Free Accessory Kit with Purchase ($19.99 value)
- SAVE $40 on Polaroid 9-inch Dual Core Tablet – Was $99.99; Now $59.99
- 50% OFF Exclusive Power Rangers Super MegaForce™ Deluxe Morpher and 20 Ranger Keys – Was $69.99; Now $34.99
- SAVE $50 on any 5th Gen Apple® 16GB iPod Touch® – Was $199.99; Now $149.99
- ONLY $1 for PlayDoh® 4-Pack; over 70% off – Was $3.99; Now $1
*Toys“R”Us stores nationwide will open at 5pm on Thursday, November 27 and remain open until 11pm on Friday, November 28, except for stores in Paramus, NJ, which will open on Thanksgiving from 5 – 11pm and will reopen on Friday, November 28 at 7am. Select stores in Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Puerto Rico will also have varying store open times. All store hours can be found online at www.Toysrus.com/BlackFridayStoreHours.
**Some exclusions/conditions apply. See store for details. Must request 10% off discount at time of purchase on Thursdays and Saturdays through December 20.
***Some exclusions apply. See the “R”Us Rewards program terms or an associate for details.
****Minimum monthly payments required. See an associate or special financing disclosures in store for details.Rewards“R”Us Card offered by Toys“R”Us, Inc. “R”Us Credit Card and “R”Us MasterCard are issued by Synchrony Bank pursuant to a license from MasterCard International, Inc. MasterCard is a registered trade mark of MasterCard International Incorporated.
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 876 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 725 international stores and over 200 licensed stores in 36 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites includingToysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates annually worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Additional information about Toys“R”Us, Inc. can be found on Toysrusinc.com. Follow Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us and FAO Schwarz on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, Facebook.com/Babiesrus and Facebook.com/FAO and on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrusand Twitter.com/Babiesrus.