Portland, Oregon, 2014-12-4 — /EPR Retail News/ — Starbucks launched Mobile Order & Pay in Portland, Oregon (December 3, 2014) and expects to introduce this feature nationally beginning in 2015.
Mobile Order & Pay allows customers to place orders in advance of their visit and pick them up at their chosen Starbucks® store. The mobile ordering experience is seamlessly integrated into Starbucks world-class mobile app and My Starbucks Rewards® loyalty program. Mobile Order & Pay is available for customers using a Starbucks® app for iPhone® (version 3.2)* in markets where the feature is available.
Store locations appear based on the GPS functionality of a customer’s iPhone®. Upon first use, customers will be asked to accept location services allowing Starbucks to identify the nearest location offering Mobile Order & Pay. If customers choose not to accept location services, they will not be able to use the Mobile Order & Pay feature but will have access to the Starbucks® Mobile Menu.
How Mobile Order & Pay works
To use Mobile Order & Pay, customers may:
1. Click on the “Order” option at the top right of the screen
2. Select the food and beverage items to order: Just as in-stores, beverages are customizable, including the option to modify size, number of espresso shots, dairy selections and more.
3. Select the participating store for pick up: Approximate wait times will be viewable on the customer’s phone prior to selecting store location. Directions will also be available if needed.
4. Confirm by clicking “order:” At the time of order, payment is made from the customer’s registered Starbucks Card.
5. Proceed to the selected Starbucks® store to pick up food and beverages: Orders are immediately sent to the selected store where Starbucks partners (baristas) will begin preparing the items.
*This feature will be available for customers using the Starbucks® app for Android™ in 2015 as national rollout of mobile ordering continues.
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with stores around the globe, the company is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit us in our stores or online at www.starbucks.com.
For more information on this news release, contact us.