- AWS Introduces Three New Competencies to Support Rapidly Expanding Global Partner Network
- AWS also announces AWS Marketplace now offers more than 2,300 software listings for the AWS Cloud
- Forty-six partners from around the world named as 2016 Premier Consulting Partners
SEATTLE, 2015-10-8 — /EPR Retail News/ — At AWS re:Invent, Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), an Amazon.com company (NASDAQ:AMZN), introduced three new AWS Partner Network (APN) Competencies that enable and promote partners who have demonstrated expertise and proven success in DevOps, Cloud Migration, and Internet of Things (IoT). In addition, AWS announced the 2016Premier Consulting Partners, a designation that recognizes 46 APN partners that provide superior customer service and expertise in building and migrating customer solutions on AWS. AWS also announced that AWS Marketplace has grown to more than 2,300 software listings that are pre-configured for the AWS Cloud and available across 35 different categories that customers can purchase and launch, many with 1-Click functionality. For more information, visit http://aws.amazon.com/partners.
With the continued adoption of AWS services across geographies, industries, and organizations of all sizes, customers are increasingly relying on tens of thousands of APN Partners across the globe for deep expertise, specialized technology, and proven success to help them move to the AWS Cloud for a wide range of applications and initiatives. These customers are turning to the APN Competency Program to find complete solutions, and enabling products across categories that include Big Data, Security, Storage, Digital Media, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Microsoft Solutions, SAP Solutions, Oracle Solutions, Marketing & Commerce, and Mobile. AWS customers are also turning to AWS Marketplace for their software needs, and today customers around the world are using 143 million hours of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) each month to run AWS Marketplace products.
“Customers are accelerating their journey to AWS as they transform their businesses, and they require a broad range of solutions and partner expertise,” said Dorothy Copeland, Head of Global Partner Programs, AWS. “We are excited to see the growth of innovative partner solutions that leverage AWS and are expanding our investments in the APN across training, solutions development, and go-to-market programs. In the past year, we’ve seen that, on average, AWS Premier, Competency, and Managed Service Provider partners have grown their AWS revenue more than a hundred percent faster than the rest of the ecosystem. Our new DevOps, Cloud Migration, and IoT Competencies will offer even more opportunities for partners to deepen their AWS capabilities and grow their businesses.”
- New APN DevOps Competency launches today with 27 qualified partners offering software, services, and solutions to enable customers in their transformation to agile service delivery using the AWS platform and DevOps principles, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, and configuration management. APN Technology Partners with the DevOps Competency include: Ansible, Apica, Atlassian, Blazemeter, Chef, Cloudbees, Codeship, GitHub, HashiCorp, Puppet, Salt Stack, Solano Labs, Travis CI, and Xebia Labs. APN Consulting Partners with the DevOps Competency underwent a rigorous validation audit to achieve the competency, and they include: 2nd Watch, Cascadeo, ClearScale, Cloud Technology Partners, Cloudreach, Flux7, Logicworks, Pythian, REAN Cloud, Slalom Consulting, Smartonix, Stelligent, and TriNimbus.
- The APN Migration Competency will launch in the coming months to enable and support partners who have deep expertise and experience helping customers migrate applications and entire data centers to AWS. Migration Competency partners will offer technologies and services for infrastructure and application discovery, server migration, service monitoring, mass infrastructure migration, data migration and synchronization, enterprise application security and availability, and authentication management.
- The APN IoT Competency will launch in the coming months and include partners that provide IoT platforms, analytics, connectivity infrastructure, developer tools, operating systems, professional services, and vertical-focused IoT solutions.
Partners who qualify for APN Competencies are eligible for a number of marketing, business, and technical benefits, including preferred access to AWS private betas, AWS roadmap briefings, and preferred access to Market Development and Customer Proof-of-Concept Funding.
Forty-six Consulting Partners Named 2016 Premier Partners
The AWS Premier Consulting Partner designation highlights the top APN Consulting Partners globally that have distinguished themselves by investing significantly in their AWS practice, providing exceptional customer service, developing a broad bench of employees with deep AWS skills, and driving significant AWS business with enterprise customers around the world. The 2016 Premier Partners include: 2nd Watch,Accenture, Aquilent, Apps Associates, Blazeclan, Booz Allen Hamilton, Bulletproof Networks, Capgemini, Clearscale, Cloud Technology Partners, Class Method, Cloudnexa, Cloudpack, Cloudreach, CorpInfo, Cognizant, CredibilIT, CSC, Datapipe, Dedalus, DLT Solutions, Edifixio, emind, GS Neotek, Infosys, Latinedge, Logicworks, Matrix IT, Megazone, Melbourne IT, Minjar, Mobiquity, Nordcloud, NRI, Orion, Pariveda, REAN Cloud, Serverworks, Slalom, Smart 421, Smartronix, Storm Reply, Techracer, TIS, Trinimbus, and Wipro.
Customers Use 143 Million Hours of Amazon EC2 for AWS Marketplace Products Each Month
AWS Marketplace provides a way for customers around the globe to find, buy, and immediately start using software that runs on AWS by simplifying licensing, purchasing, and deployment of software to the AWS Cloud. With more than 2,300 software listings, AWS Marketplace includes an array of enterprise, open source, and business software products provided by APN Partners. This year, AWS has added more than 500 new listings across 800 independent software vendors (ISVs), including: Avere, Calgary Scientific, Chef, Docker, Fortinet, Haivision, HP, Imperva, Kony, MapR, SAP, Tableau, TerraPixel, and TIBCO. And, through the new AWS Marketplace Consulting Partner Program, ISV channel partners can become APN Consulting Partners and offer software configuration and management support to customers deploying software from AWS Marketplace.
For further details on APN programs, benefits, and terms, see http://aws.amazon.com/partners/programs/.
About Amazon Web Services
Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services offers a robust, fully featured technology infrastructure platform in the cloud comprised of a broad set of compute, storage, database, analytics, application, and deployment services from data center locations in the U.S., Australia, Brazil, China, Germany, Ireland, Japan, and Singapore. More than a million customers, including fast-growing startups, large enterprises, and government agencies across 190 countries, rely on AWS services to innovate quickly, lower IT costs and scale applications globally. To learn more about AWS, visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
Source: Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Media Hotline, 206-266-7180