FORT LEE, Va., 2015-10-26 — /EPR Retail News/ — Military appreciation and November go together like turkey and gravy as commissaries worldwide feature a lineup of great promotions throughout the month, including high-value coupon booklets for free frozen turkeys.
“November is National Military Family Appreciation Month and more at commissaries,” said Tracie Russ, the Defense Commissary Agency’s sales director. “We’re showing our thanks through commemoration ceremonies that honor our war veterans and also with great values for customers through Veterans Day holiday weekend sales, Black Friday weekend sales and seasonal promotions.
“This year we’re offering not only our annual free frozen turkey offer available worldwide via high-value coupon booklets, but also a fresh turkey special at prices sure to please in stateside commissaries,” she added.
Patrons can find out more details about turkeys and other discounted items in their commissary by accessing the sales flyer on the Sales & Events page.
Throughout November, DeCA’s industry partners – vendors, suppliers and brokers – are collaborating with stores to offer discounts beyond everyday savings. Overseas stores may have substitute events for certain promotional programs. Customers should check their local commissary for details on dates and times for the following promotions:
- The Fifth Annual “Get Your Turkey Free – When You Buy Holiday Favorites!” This worldwide promotion features a 16-page recipe booklet with coupons valued at more than $38. The coupons provide commissary shoppers with greater than normal savings or free turkeys when purchasing their holiday meal essentials using the coupons. Terms and conditions are on the coupons. Vendors include Kraft Foods, Kellogg’s, Campbell’s, Pepperidge Farms, Frito Lay, General Mills, Hefty/Reynolds Wrap, Fresh Express, Nabisco, Proctor & Gamble, Heinz and Johnsonville. Look for these recipe/coupon booklets in your local commissary beginning Nov.1, with coupons good through Dec. 21.
- On Nov. 17 stateside commissaries start featuring fresh turkeys at low prices. The sales flyer on theSales & Events page has details.
- Black Friday Weekend Extravaganza Sale! Stateside commissaries will feature “rock-bottom” sale prices on “Black Friday”-tagged items Nov. 27-29. Participating brands include: AXE, Folgers, Russell Stover, Nestle, Twining Tea, Dove, Armour, Monster drinks, Suave, Scott, Good Sense, Nongshim Noodles, Lipton Tea, Country Crock, Eight O’ Clock Coffee, Glad, Yoo-Hoo drinks, Planters, Hawaiian Punch, Rittersport Chocolate, Purina and Hellman’s. Go to the Sales & Events page for a list of participating commissaries.
- Celebrate the Holidays with General Mills and its “Santa Claus (and your entire family) is coming to town. Time to cook and bake!” promotion. This holiday event features high-value in-store coupons and online Commissary Rewards Card discounts.
- Acosta and its participating brand products present the “Believe in Heroes!” promotion. Commissaries worldwide will receive 300,000 flyers featuring high-value coupons to support this cause promotion for the Wounded Warrior Project Foundation.
“The holidays are busy times and we assure customers that your commissary offers all the items you need for your holiday meals,” Russ said. “Now’s the time to stock up!”
About DeCA: The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. Authorized patrons purchase items at cost plus a 5-percent surcharge, which covers the costs of building new commissaries and modernizing existing ones. Shoppers save an average of more than 30 percent on their purchases compared to commercial prices – savings amounting to thousands of dollars annually. A core military family support element, and a valued part of military pay and benefits, commissaries contribute to family readiness, enhance the quality of life for America’s military and their families, and help recruit and retain the best and brightest men and women to serve their country.
Kevin L. Robinson
(804) 734-8000, Ext. 4-8773
SOURCE: Defense Commissary Agency