Las Vegas, NV, 2016-May-12 — /EPR Retail News/ — IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings retailer, today announced that when its Las Vegas store opens on May 18, it will recognize loyal, enthusiastic customers by giving away thousands of dollars in gift cards and merchandise – including an iconic EKTORP sofa for each of the first 42 adults in line, and a POANG armchair for the next 100 visitors. Other highlights include a free mattress for the first 42 on Thursday, May 19 and free monthly meatball meals for a year to the first 42 on Friday, May 20. (Customers may begin lining up at 9 a.m. PDT on Monday, May 16 – 48 hours before the store’s opening at 9 a.m. PDT on Wednesday, May 18.) Also, Clark County Commissioner Susan Brager, and Deputy Chief of Mission for the Swedish Embassy Göran Lithell will join IKEA U.S. president Lars Petersson and store manager Amy Jensen in the official opening of the new store.
IKEA Las Vegas is the Swedish company’s 1st store and restaurant destination in Nevada, 42nd in the United States, and 385th worldwide. The 351,000 square-foot future IKEA Las Vegas store, with 1,300 parking spaces, was built on 26 acres along the northern side of the 215 Beltway at S. Durango Drive, near Sunset Road. The store will reflect the unique architectural design for which IKEA is known worldwide, and host Nevada’s largest single-use retail rooftop solar array, consistent with the solar presence at 90% of its U.S. locations.
The May 18 ceremony also will include State Senator Becky Harris raising the U.S. flag, Honorary Swedish Consul for Nevada Lena Walther raising the Swedish flag and State Assemblyman David Gardner raising the state flag of Nevada. Individual store coworkers will sing the respective American and Swedish national anthems, and “America the Beautiful,” and a sign language interpreter will accompany opening remarks. Entertainment for customers waiting in line will begin at 6 a.m. PDT on opening day. “Just as the IKEA store concept will introduce a new way of shopping for the home, we want customers waiting in line to visit our store to enjoy the unique experience too,” said Amy Jensen, IKEA Las Vegas store manager. Store visitors will have opportunities to enjoy benefits from the grand opening of IKEA Las Vegas, including:
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
• Rest Assured – The first 42 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Las Vegas on May 18, 2016 will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our 42nd U.S. store.
• Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Las Vegas on May 18, 2016 will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
• For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Las Vegas on May 18, 2016 will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
• Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Las Vegas on May 18, 2016 will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
• Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to IKEA Las Vegas on May 18, 2016 that their birthday is the same as the store’s can receive a gift card in the amount of $42, a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Las Vegas as the 42nd IKEA store in the U.S.
• Enter our Home, Enter to Win – From May 18 through May 22, 2016, visitors to IKEA Las Vegas may enter a drawing to win one of ten $1,000 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program. IKEA is matching the prizes (a total of $10,000) with a donation to After-School All-Stars, a local organization building the confidence and self-esteem of at-risk youth.
– more –
Thursday, May 19, 2016
• Sleep Like Royalty – The first 42 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Las Vegas on Thursday, May 19, 2016 will receive a free queen-sized HAUGESUND mattress.
• Take it Easy – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Las Vegas on Thursday, May 19, 2016 will receive free warehouse picking and Zone 1 home delivery for purchases on that day.
Friday, May 20, 2016
• Meatballs for a Year – The first 42 adults (one per immediate family) in IKEA Las Vegas on Friday, May 20, 2016 will receive a voucher for a monthly meatball meal for a family of four at IKEA Las Vegas’ Restaurant through next year, expiring on May 19, 2017.
• It’s in the Bag! – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Las Vegas on Friday, May 20, 2016 will receive freezer bags filled with five different Swedish meals, complete with beverages and desserts, from the store’s Swedish Food Market.
• A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Las Vegas on Friday, May 20, 2016 will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at IKEA Las Vegas’ Exit Bistro.
Wednesday, May 18 – Sunday, May 22, 2016
• Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Las Vegas from May 18 through May 22, 2016.
ADDITIONAL OFFERS AT IKEA LAS VEGAS
IKEA Las Vegas is a fun day out for the family with:
• Småland, a supervised children’s play area (for children 37”-54” in height) that replicates the look of a typical Swedish farmhouse and forest;
• Additional play areas throughout the store, offering activities for kids shopping with parents;
• A “Children’s IKEA” area in the Showroom that also offers fun, interactive play; and
• Attention-to-detail amenities such as family-friendly parking, strollers and baby care rooms.
No shopping on an empty stomach at IKEA Las Vegas because:
• The IKEA Restaurant opens 30 minutes earlier than the store for a full hot breakfast, including scrambled eggs, potatoes and turkey sausage for only $1.00.
• The 450-seat restaurant also offers a diverse menu featuring lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert, including Swedish specialties such as the popular IKEA Swedish meatballs (as well as chicken or veggie versions), seafood plates, pasta, chicken, salads, sandwiches, and vegetarian dishes too.
• Menu choices for kids include a child’s portion of Swedish meatballs, chicken fingers or macaroni and cheese, while baby food and bibs are available for even younger visitors.
• The Exit Bistro serves hot dogs, pizza, cinnamon buns, frozen yogurt, sundaes and beverages.
• The Swedish Food Market offers Swedish delicacies, snacks and treats, and frozen Swedish meatballs (the same ones available in the Restaurant) to purchase and then prepare at home.
IKEA Las Vegas shopping conveniences include:
• Free design appointments with a furnishings consultant;
• IKEA catalogs, measuring tape, pencils, store maps, yellow shopping bags and 3 types of carts;
• Same-day shopping satisfaction with products in easy-to-transport flat-pack boxes that benefit the customer and the environment;
• 24 checkout lanes to ensure efficient customer purchasing;
• Warehouse picking, home-delivery, assembly, and kitchen planning and installation services; and
• 2016 IKEA Catalogs, focused on how food-related activities help bring people together through everyday life in and around the kitchen.
When IKEA Las Vegas opens, there will be 385 IKEA stores in 48 countries, including 42 in the U.S. Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. IKEA has been included in rankings of “Best Companies to Work For” and, as further investment in its coworkers, has raised its own minimum wage twice in two years. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSA, @IKEAUSANews, or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.