- After months of deliberation and lots of useful suggestions from the public, for which the guys are very grateful, Amazon has today announced that Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May have chosen a name
- Because they are taking their new Amazon Prime show around the world, they have decided it will be called: The Grand Tour
SEATTLE, 2016-May-12 — /EPR Retail News/ — (NASDAQ:AMZN)—“Thing is,” said Jeremy Clarkson, “We’ll be travelling the world hosting each episode in a different country, from a giant tent. It’s a sort of ‘grand tour,’ if you like. So we’ve decided to call it ‘The Grand Tour.’”
James May admitted to being underwhelmed by the name. “I wanted to call it ‘Nigel,’ or ‘Roger.’ We needed a name, and they’re names.”
Richard Hammond was more positive. “I already love camping,” he enthused, “But this is something else. We are like our pioneering and prospecting forebears, sallying forth into a new frontier of broadcasting, and making our home where…” But at this point Clarkson and May strangled him with a guy rope.
The Amazon Prime show will feature short films shot in different locations around the globe and the studio audience portion of the showcase will also take place at a different location around the world every week. The pre-recorded studio sections of the program will be filmed in front of a live audience, all housed within a giant tent. Therefore in this spirit of travel, adventure and intrigue, the presenters have decided to call the show The Grand Tour.
“Well, that took a while…” said Jay Marine, VP of Amazon Video Europe. “After nine months of deep thought, debate and deliberation, the guys have come up with a name that reflects the global ambition of the new show. The Grand Tour will be one of the most anticipated TV launches ever, and we’re excited to be bringing it to Amazon Prime customers around the world this autumn.”
The Grand Tour will launch this fall for Amazon Prime members and the new travelling format means Amazon customers around the world will have the chance to be in the audience when tickets are released through a sweepstakes this summer. Details of the location schedule and information on how to apply for tickets will be announced shortly. Fans can follow The Grand Tour on Facebook (www.facebook.com/thegrandtour) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/thegrandtour) and at www.amazon.com/thegrandtour to get news about the show first.
Amazon announced in 2015 that Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May would reunite to make a new car show available for Amazon Prime members. The show is produced by the trio’s long-time executive producer Andy Wilman. The award-winning team have committed to three series as part of this landmark global TV deal. The first series went into production in late 2015, and the series will premiere for Prime members this fall.
The Grand Tour joins Amazon Prime’s line-up of award-winning and critically-acclaimed TV shows and movies, which includes series like Mr. Robot, Downton Abbey, The Americans, Orphan Black, and Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle and kid series Tumble Leaf, and Chi-Raq. Prime members can choose to stream or download from Prime Video, to make keeping up with their new favorite shows effortless, whether on the move or at home.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, kids series Tumble Leaf, and Chi-Raq, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items across all categories, more than one million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos, access to borrow books with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.