RICHMOND, Virginia, 2016-Jul-14 — /EPR Retail News/ — CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, is currently hiring more than 130 associates for the company’s second store in the Bay Area. The store is scheduled to open in November 2016 at 44100 Christy Street and will stock 200 to 300 used vehicles of nearly every make and model.
The Fremont launch continues CarMax’s expansion into the Bay Area, recently opening its first regional location in Pleasanton on May 18, 2016, with a third store in Santa Rosa scheduled to open this November. CarMax will announce more than 40 jobs for the Santa Rosa store later this summer, bringing more than 200 jobs to the Bay Area region this year.
With competitive pay and benefits; and a foundation built around integrity, trust and giving back; CarMax has been named one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® 12 consecutive years. Applications are now being accepted on the retailer’s website at http://jobs.carmax.com.
Who is CarMax Hiring?
- CarMax is seeking applicants for full and part-time positions.
- Available positions include sales, business office, and service operations positions including inventory, service advisors and technicians.
- Technicians require previous automotive experience, however most positions do not.
- Many CarMax associates have worked for other major retailers, such as Target, Lowe’s, Wal-Mart and Macy’s.
How Can Job Seekers Apply?
- Applications are only accepted online. Job seekers should apply at http://jobs.carmax.com.
- To see videos with first-hand accounts from CarMax associates, visit youtube.com/carmax.
Why Work at CarMax?
- CarMax is committed to hiring people with strong values of integrity, transparency and respect. We live these values every day and they drive how we treat our associates and our customers.
- CarMax offers unmatched training and support for associate career growth.
- CarMax offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Stores are equipped with climate controlled, state-of-the-art service bays with quality equipment, and associates also receive discounts on car purchases and other services.
- CarMax is recognized as one of FORTUNE magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® (12 consecutive years), 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and 20 Best Workplaces in Retail, as well as one of TRAINING Magazine’s “Training Top 125” companies in America.
CarMax, a member of the FORTUNE 500 and the S&P 500 is the nation’s largest retailer of used vehicles. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, CarMax currently operates 162 superstores in 81 markets. The CarMax consumer offer features low, no-haggle prices, a broad selection of CarMax Quality Certified used vehicles, and superior customer service. During the 12 months ending February 29, 2016, the company retailed 619,936 used cars and sold 394,437 wholesale vehicles at our in-store auctions. For more information, access the CarMax website at www.carmax.com.