Lake Oswego, OR, 2016-Jul-15 — /EPR Retail News/ — The second 365 by Whole Foods Market location opens on Thursday, July 14, at 9 a.m. in Lake Oswego, Oregon, at 11 S. State St. in Oswego Village.
Open daily from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., the 36,000-square-foot store offers a thoughtful selection of grab-and-go prepared foods, grocery items, unique venues and retail innovations that streamline the shopping experience for customers who are seeking convenience and value on high quality products without artificial colors, sweeteners or preservatives.
“From the food offerings to the design, we’ve created a shopping experience at this store that delivers on the quality standards you’ve come to expect from Whole Foods Market in a fun new format that’s easy to navigate and focused on value in every department,” said Jeff Turnas, president, 365 by Whole Foods Market. “Whether you’re planning a quick in-and-out shop for a few items, stocking up for the week, catching up with a friend over a Paleo-friendly Seoul Bowl, you’ll find a blend of innovation and convenience here that’s unmatched.”
In the large grab-and-go section, shoppers can find a range of healthy, prepared food options, priced by the container at small, medium and large. Shoppers can order hot dogs, bowls made with quinoa, rice and veggies as well as pizza from self-serve kiosks. Prepared foods items meet the same quality standards as all products sold in the store. Menu highlights:
- Eclectic hot dogs like the vegan “Carrot Dog” made with a braised carrot, tamarind chutney slaw, cilantro and avocado
- Pizza offerings like the vegan veggie made with Kite Hill ricotta and chicken bulgogi with sauce made from Bianco DiNapoli tomatoes
- Hot and cold bars with global cuisines and rotating items like bibimbap and kimchee fried rice, chicken verde enchiladas and schichimi togorashi brussel sprouts
- Soups include West African peanut, Tonkatsu chicken and vegatable soup, chicken Hlelem, and vegan coconut vegetable
- Everyday items like brown rice, beans, tortillas and seasonal salads like cauliflower and radicchio
The store offers shoppers an expansive, 5,000-square-foot produce department, including “Veg Valley,” an enclosed area for chilled produce options.
- A great selection of both organic and conventionally grown fruits and vegetables
- An entire wall of bagged greens, salads and pre-prepped produce to help make eating more fruits and veggies easier
- Many items sold by the each; customers can weigh and sticker their own items for convenience
- Value priced floral selections at two price points: $5 and $10
Meat & Sea
Offers a wide variety of ready-to-cook items including chicken, meat, pork, seafood and marinated selections of high-quality meats from animals raised without antibiotics and added hormones. All items are packaged for convenience. Includes:
- Sustainably sourced fresh fillets, value priced, vacuum-packed fish and shellfish, and steaks and marinated options
- Selection of 100 percent grass-fed organic beef
- 365 by Whole Foods Market has full knowledge and traceability of all seafood and strives to source local options that meet Whole Foods Market’s strict quality standards
- All beef, chicken and pork are step-rated, using Global Animal Partnership’s 5-Step® Animal Welfare rating system, and adhere to Whole Foods Market’s stringent quality standards
Total Pantry (grocery, bakery, supplements and body care)
This department offers shoppers great value on high quality everyday pantry staples without any artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
- Aisles are full of hundreds of favorite 365 Everyday Value™ products – from salty snacks to baking supplies, supplements and body care.
- All bakery items are in line with Whole Foods Market quality standards, and made with cage-free eggs.
Features an assortment of kombucha and cold pressed juices from Suja, Evolution Fresh, Temple Turmeric and REBBL, plus a curated collection of more than 400 wines, including eco-friendly and biodynamic options, a varied selection of special-occasion wines and fun beverages like sake and sangria. Highlights:
- 365 by Whole Foods Market partnered with Banquet by Delectable, a smartphone app that scans wine labels and provides instant descriptions and ratings for customers seeking wine selections.
- The wide selection of wine is value-oriented; the majority of bottles are priced at or below $20. Shoppers will also find a handful of popular higher-end champagne offerings like Veuve Clicquot, which were thoughtfully selected by buyers.
- A large selection of chilled beer with an assortment of local craft beers, domestic favorites and unique imports.
Chilled and Frozen
An assortment of yogurt, eggs, milk, including non-dairy alternative milks and yogurts, like refrigerated rice soy, almond, coconut and flax; also many shelf-stable options: almond, soy, rice, quinoa and hemp.
- A frozen section of goodies, from entrees to ice cream, pizzas and more
- All eggs sold at 365 by Whole Foods Market are cage-free
‘Friends of 365’
The “Friends of 365” program allows innovative businesses and entrepreneurs that align with the mission and quality standards of Whole Foods Market to establish independent retail spaces inside the store. The new Lake Oswego store will feature two Oregon-based “Friends of 365” partners, with specially curated menus that will further enhance the store experience for shoppers.
- Next Level Burger – A plant-based take on the classic American burger joint. Next Level Burger will be serving up plant-based burgers, fries, shakes, hot dogs and organic salads alongside craft soda, local beer and kombucha.
- Canteen – A fresh and healthy café and juice bar will feature design elements from its flagship store in Portland, and will serve an innovative menu of organic juices and smoothies, as well as a few other select items
One of shoppers’ favorite stops in the store is the customizable tea station, teaBOT. It offers an efficient, self-serve kiosk, allowing customers to create personalized tea blends by choosing from a selection of 18 teas and herbal ingredients.
The Lake Oswego store and subsequent locations are designed with convenience and efficiency in mind to create an easy flow and a streamlined customer experience.
- Each 365 by Whole Foods Market store will feature a signature piece of art that reflects the community in which it opens. “Kale Oswego” is a colorful and textured piece of art by Sebastien Leon Agneessens.
- There are limited printed signs, all price tags are digital and customers should be able to see the entire store from where they stand when they walk in
- Additional amenities include home delivery via Instacart, free Wi-Fi available in seating areas throughout the store, a bike lock-up section and accessible parking
My 365 Rewards
Shoppers can take advantage of My 365 Rewards, a 100 percent digital loyalty program, offering personalized product recommendations, tailored content and special deals based on individual preferences.
- “Gimme 10 Deals” provides 10 percent off products featured on the end caps and elsewhere throughout the store.
- Digital punch cards offer “buy 10 and get one free” deals on favorite items such as rotisserie chicken, Driscoll’s berries, organicgirl greens, and Evolution Fresh juices.
- Shoppers can sign up online and use their digital membership card or phone number at checkout to access their benefits.
Opening Day Deals & Happenings
On opening day (Thursday, July 14), the first 365 shoppers will receive a free reusable shopping bag. The first 100 shoppers will receive gift cards in varying amounts – from $5 to $365.
Grand opening deals include:
- Kale – $1 for 2 bunches
- Organic Blueberries – $5 for 2 pints
- Organic Rainbow Carrots – $1 for a 2 lb. bag
- Applegate Breakfast Sausage Links – $5 for 2 packages
- 80 percent Lean Ground Beef – $3 for 1 lb. package
Store Contact Information:
Store Team Leader
365 by Whole Foods Market
11 S. State Street
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Phone: (503) 782-4672
Ann Marie Ricard
Source: Whole Foods Market