SEATTLE, 2016-Oct-18 — /EPR Retail News/ — Amazon today (-Oct. 17, 2016) announced it has greenlit a fourth season of the popular Amazon Original Series Bosch. Seasons one and two of the Emmy-nominated drama are now available exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in the US, UK,Germany, Austria and Japan via the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at http://amazon.com/boschtv. For a list of all Amazon Video compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream. Bosch is produced by Fabrik Entertainment, a Red Arrow Entertainment Group company. Season three is currently in production and slated to premiere in 2017.
Based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling novels, the hour-long series Bosch stars Titus Welliver (Lost) as Detective Harry Bosch, Jamie Hector (The Wire) as Jerry Edgar, Amy Aquino (Being Human) as Lt. Grace Billets, Madison Lintz (The Walking Dead) as Maddie Bosch and Lance Reddick (The Wire) as Deputy Chief Irvin Irving. Season two has an average customer rating of 4.8, with 84% 5 star reviews.
Here’s what customers have been saying:
- “Season 1 & 2 were awesome, I really enjoyed each one. I can’t wait for season 3.”
- “We want more Bosch!”
- “Bosch is a winner. Stellar cast. Strong story.”
- “One of the most flawless adaptations of a popular series I’ve ever had the pleasure of viewing!”
- “Love this show!”
- “It is one of the best dramas I have seen in a long time”
- “Only series I have ever binge watched!”
- “Since I discovered Bosch, I can’t stop watching it. Awesome series.”
“We are excited to announce the fourth season renewal of Amazon Prime Video’s longest running original drama series, Bosch,” said Roy Price, Vice President, Amazon Studios. “Prime members have loved following Detective Harry Bosch as he navigates difficult situations in his professional and personal lives, and we’re excited to let them know that even more is coming.”
“I am happy beyond words. To think we are going to get another season to explore these characters is wonderful. Our team has worked very hard to create the most realistic detective show possible and I think that is resonating with viewers,” said Connelly. “Titus and the rest of the cast and crew are dedicated to this. We are raising the storytelling bar with season three and we’ll do it again in four.”
“Bosch has continued to exceed all of our expectations in terms of its US and international appeal, with the show proving hugely popular with audiences around the world,” said Henrik Pabst, Managing Director at Red Arrow International. “We are delighted that the show will be back for season four.”
Bosch was developed for television by Eric Overmyer (Treme, The Wire, Homicide: Life on the Streets) and is executive produced by Overmyer, Henrik Bastin (The 100 Code, American Odyssey, The Comedians) from Fabrik Entertainment (a Red Arrow Entertainment Group company), Pieter Jan Brugge (Heat, The Insider, The Clearing), and Connelly. Welliver also serves as Producer.
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Chi-Raq and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of certain content
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items across all categories, more than one million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos, one free pre-released book a month with Kindle First, and more. To sign up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.