- Amazon’s highly-acclaimed, new dramatic original series debuted on Prime Video on January 13th to a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score and rave reviews, becoming the second most streamed original scripted series on an opening day
- Series is co-created and executive produced by Emmy Winner Bryan Cranston, who also appears in the show, and showrunner Graham Yost, and stars Giovanni Ribisi, Emmy Winner Margo Martindale, Peter Gerety and Marin Ireland
SEATTLE, 2017-Jan-22 — /EPR Retail News/ — Amazon today (Jan. 19, 2017) announced that the highly-acclaimed Amazon Original Series Sneaky Pete, which premiered on January 13th, has been renewed for a second season. The series was the second most streamed original scripted series on an opening day, behind The Man in the High Castle. Sneaky Pete was co-created and is executive produced by Emmy winner Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), and executive produced by Graham Yost (The Americans), who is also the showrunner, as well as Michael Dinner and Fred Golan (Justified), and James Degus (All The Way). The series features an ensemble cast led by Giovanni Ribisi (Avatar) alongside Marin Ireland (Side Effects), Peter Gerety (Prime Suspect), Libe Barer (Parenthood), Shane McRae (Still Alice), Michael Drayer (Mr. Robot), and three-time Emmy Winner Margo Martindale (The Americans). Sneaky Pete is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and is now available exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
“Bryan Cranston and Graham Yost have done a masterful job of steering the cast to fantastic performances,” said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy and Drama, Amazon Studios. “Both the critical response and our customers’ engagement with the series are key factors in our enthusiasm to bring our audience a second season of Sneaky Pete.”
Prime members can now stream all 10 episodes of Sneaky Pete at no additional cost to their Prime membership with the Amazon Video app for TVs, connected devices and mobile devices, or online at www.Amazon.com/SneakyPete. Prime members can also download the series for offline viewing on iOS, Android and Fire devices at no additional cost. In addition to SD and HD, the series is also available in 4K Ultra HD on Amazon Fire TV and compatible smart TVs from Samsung, LG and Sony. The show will also be available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories. Customers who are not already Prime members can sign up for a free 30-day trial at amazon.com/prime.
Here’s what customers have to say:
- “Engrossing, superb acting. An exciting show rivaling any of the best. Can’t wait to finish the series.”
- “Outstanding cast – each member brings their own unique characteristics in a perfect blend. Good combination of comedy and drama without the needless sexual antics seen in many contemporary shows.”
- “I loved this show. Had a little of everything; intrigue, comedy, family, suspense, violence and a heart! Can’t wait for season 2!”
- “The acting was phenomenal, the storyline was intriguing, keeping you guessing what would happen next till the end!”
- “Awesome show! I always love a good con man storyline. Plus you can’t go wrong with Giovanni Ribisi and Bryan Cranston!”
- “Love it. Makes me feel a lot like I did when I was watching Breaking Bad. Highly recommend!”
Here’s what critics have to say:
- “(Sneaky Pete) is fun—a pleasing balance of slick, Ocean’s Eleven-style con jobs and tense, close-call escapes.” —Entertainment Weekly
- “Once you watch the first episode of Sneaky Pete…I dare you not to start binge-watching its 10 episodes.” —Ken Tucker, Yahoo TV
- “Sneaky Pete is immediately likeable, unspooling with exhilaration and then, almost when we’re not expecting or even needing it to, the series develops other favorable attributes that hint at a longer, more complex run…THE BOTTOM LINE: Let this be a long con…” —Tim Goodman,The Hollywood Reporter
- “…a nice turn from Marin Ireland as Pete’s cousin and Marius’ fellow bond agent. As for Cranston and Martindale, their work is as riveting and entertaining as always — filled with humor, menace, nuance and a lively intelligence.” —Robert Bianco, USA TODAY
- “Graham Yost sustains a tone of suspenseful and offbeat humor in this well-cast, smartly written sleeper.” —Matt Roush, TV Guide
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Love & Friendship, and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Amazon Channels: Over 100 video subscriptions to networks like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV, and more, available to Amazon Prime members in the US as add-ons to their membership. To view the full list of available channels, visit www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: Customers can instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on compatible TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalog with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more, visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.
Source: Amazon.com, Inc.